Vibration

Nbell6985

Hello everyone im new to this forum and not familiar on how to actually put a post up on here sorry, to cut a longstory short i recently got an audi a4 s line 2.0 tdi 2010 great car but when i picked the car up first timedriving it home i noticed there was vibration in between 65-70 so i just thought it was the wheelsneeding balanced so i had the wheels booked in to get re diamond cut and painted anyway so as you would expect they were getting re balanced n stuff included so i got the car back and i was still getting vibration so i done some research and people was saying about spigot centric rings because after market wheels dnt fit snugg enough on hub centre bore or something like that lol so i went out to the car to replace the centre caps on wheels as they where still the old ones and noticed that there is literally no space from the centre bore of wheel to the centre bore of hub and look like there on good with no major or small gap so im stuck on what it could be i still have a few weeks left on the warranty from the garage i bought it from so im trying to find out what it is before it runs out and ends up costing me a fortune sorry ive ended up writing a story ment to have kept it short hope this makes sense to yous 

Thanks nick 

Hello Nick,

Sorry to hear you are having an issue. As you say, this is a classic wheel balance characteristic at this speed, but to now assume that it isn't because the wheel refurbishers would have rebalanced them, is a simple assumption, and may or may it be correct. 

This problem could also be associated with a defective tyre, and if it is, then this must be seen to with some urgency. 

If it were my car, I would get this down to your local trusted tyre depot. as soon as possible and ask them to thoroughly check all tyres ( with the wheels off) and then check the balance. Only when you have done this can you assume the problem isn't associated with tyres or balancing. 

Good luck with sorting it out.

Kind regards, 

Gareth.