2011 S line 2.0tdi best engine oil and engine oil filter?

DTR

Hello David,

I’m not sure about the correct grade of oil for the diesels, but I guess you have looked that up in your handbook.

Brand of oil? As I have mentioned before, VAG did/still do? recommend Quantum oils ( some say manufactured by Castrol, but....?) and for the petrol engine at least, I see little point in chosing anything else. I use the Longlife version, but still change it annually, since it’s cheap to do it yourself.

Oil filters? In my book, genuine VAG ones are the ones to go for, but if you must go for an alternative, then I would only use Mann. 

OEM and aftermarket? OEM is a very much misused term, and personally I take little notice of it. ‘Aftermarket’ can also cover a multitude of sins, and once respected brands are now no more than ‘bought out’ brand names used for supplies which can be dubious. 

I would not skrimp on quality. Price becomes very much a secondary consideration when the cost savings of DIY are applied. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.