B6 S4 Cab Heavy Steering

Ceramicolive

to all,

I'm new here and this is my first post I just bought a B6 S4 cab tonight and the steering is very heavy, there is obviously something wrong with it, it feels the same at any speed but at low speed is where it is most noticeable.

Anybody on here a B6 guru or had this problem? Are pump/rack issues a thing on these I can't find a definitive answer doing a search lots of people reporting it but nobody posting the fix.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum Anthony, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

Did you know it had the fault when you bought it? If not then I'd argue it's been missold. Is there any whining from the steering? 

whats the fluid level, is it low ect? 

cheers

Steve

11 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Anthony, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

Did you know it had the fault when you bought it? If not then I'd argue it's been missold. Is there any whining from the steering? 

whats the fluid level, is it low ect? 

cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the welcome, I wasn't advertised as having a steering fault (private sale) but I did drive it and although I thought it was heavy thought maybe it was just how it was. That appears not to be the case as I have since found out.

No untoward noises from the steering and the fluid is at max level, tyre pressures are okay. I've just took a gamble on the servotronic relay and bought another. Fingers crossed. If it's not that then it could be the module itself I suppose. Hoping it's not the rack/solenoid.

Thanks

Anthony