Audi a3 front shocks

Grahamb89

Hi guys could do with some help on a friends a3 8p front shocks

Struggled old ones out put new ones in but the pinch clamp wont hold the shock it clamps completely closed but started to drive off and shock slid completely down, old one was so difficult to remove we did coat in wd40 to insert new one but I have a feeling the shock is actually too small!

Cheers

Graham

U can buy adapter sleeves to fit over bottom of suspension pal.. i did same bought coilovers of a golf which were 45mm diameter had to buy the 50mm sleeves 2.5mm thick to fit over them.. sorry if i got the size mixed up but youll know what i mean

• 2 months later...
Guest fubar77

the leg of the strut is fully located when it touches the bottom lip of the hub assembly. using a mirror and a torch or your mobile set to selfies, make sure the leg is at the very bottom of the hub. the pinch bolt goes in front to back (the nut is to facing to the back of the car <--), and goes over the tab on the bottom of the strut leg. use a trolley jack under the strut to force the hub up with the strut in place as far down as you can force it. use a hammer to gently tap the hub as you raise the jack, until the bottom of the strut leg is fully inside the hub all the way down so it can't go any further. Gud luk