Starty

Starty

Hi

I have an A4 cabriolet 2.0 TSi 2008 plate.

For a while now the car does not start when it displays the self levelling/range headlight symbol.

https://images.app.goo.gl/tPyF1TVNe63Ju4oYA

If it does eventually start and the symbol disappears, I often have the engine management light on and the EPC light. If I turn the ignition off it often clears it and the car is fine.

Other times when it starts the brake warning light comes on.

It often happens when parked on slopes.

I have tried removing the fuse for the lights, and this worked for a while, but now does not work. Sometimes playing with various switches enables the levelling light to disappear and it starts.

Dipstick has lost its rubber seal, this caused the engine management light to be on last but was cleared with a poke or two.

The car is currently in a car park as it would not start tonight.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mark

Hello Mark, 

Simple things first:- Have you had the battery efficiency checked? So much depends on its efficiency these days, and warning lights etc. can do strange things when the battery becomes below par. 

Stop/start technology monitors the battery condition and is often the first thing to play up. 

Could you let us know if the battery has been checked - particularly for its cold cranking efficiency. 

Incidentally, our daughter’s 3.5 year old non Audi has been found to be below par in this context, and (would you believe??) it’s been stated that the battery age is being monitored and the s/s will fail on s simple battery âge situation. True?? - but an interesting concept: 

Kind regards, 

Gareth.