Fuel Pressure Regulator Issues

Milligan

Hello,

I have had a new Q3 Sport 1.5 TFSI for 1 week now and its already in the garage. It was kangerooing and i kept getting drive system faults. They have just told me that there appears to be issues with the fuel pressure regulator and need to keep it in for a couple days. They also mentioned something about needing to check for leaks. My question is, do i try to have this car replaced considering the issues just 1 week in??

Thanks

Hello Lisa,

Sorry to hear of your issues. I think you raise a good point, and in my opinion (despite your understandable frustrations) you need to give the dealer a reasonable chance of sorting this out in a reasonable time, and having to keep it for a couple of days would seem reasonable enough. 

Looking ahead. Can they sort it to your satisfaction? If so, everything is fine, if not, then is the time to consider rejecting the car. If it were mine, I would be keeping the dealer on my side, and allowing them whatever reasonable time they need to correct the issue (providing they give you a comparable courtesy car) and I would not be antagonising the situation by any mention of rejecting it - at this stage. A reasonable attitude with such things from the beginning is always best policy in my book. 

If it cannot be sorted reasonably within say a couple of weeks then indeed you might like to follow the line of formally rejecting the vehicle, but personally I would be using the time to seek professional advice on how you best go around that procedure. Citizens Advice  should be able to help. 

Keeping it on a positive note, let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the advice. I have discussed the issue with the head of business and a case has now been raised with Audi UK. They noted that it is a common fault with the 1.5ltr engine in the new Q3 and they are now working with me to put me in a different car.

The next dilemma is what car to jump into. I cant pull anymore money out my pocket and they arent going to put me back in another 1.5 Q3. Any thoughts on a suitable replacement. I really love the Q3.

Hello Lisa,

Their attitude appears reasonable, and it seems it will result in you being offered an alternative vehicle. However, I would be cautious and would be keeping notes on all dates, conversations and potential offers. 

‘..........they aren’t going to put me back in another 1.5 Q3…’ Would you really want another 1.5 engined one? You like the Q3 .....what other engine variants are there? Money? If you formally reject the vehicle - and by next Monday it will be a week since you first posted here- I think I would be drafting a letter to formally reject it, but I would be using this weekend to take appropriate advice. Citizens Advice would be a good place to start. The outcome is that you should not be financially worse off with the outcome. 

You get your money back, and where then? A similar model from another manufacturer? 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Gareth.