New RS3 owner - already a question

Guest TheBishop

Guest TheBishop

Hi,

Just bought a 2013 RS3, well pleased so far, like everything about except the dumb flat bottom wheel - but maybe I'll get used to that.

Only issue (and something I should have checked) is that inspire of buying from a main dealer - no manuals or service book.

Invoice for services and work done but would like the books. Dealer says he'll look for them - but if not can I get them from Audi or do I resort to that well known auction site!

Sorry to leap in with a question but this seemed the best place.

Rgds

Hello Tony,

I don’t see why you can’t buy them from Audi, or better still, get the selling dealer to order them from Audi, since they should have been with the car ( handbooks that is). If they order them then at least they will get them at their discount and no doubt you can compromise on who pays what.

Service book? I think this car should have come with an actual service book - most don’t now - simply resorting to all service information being logged on the main dealer servicing system. It is possible to buy service books and request the servicing main dealer to retrospectively fill in the appropriate servicing detail. If this were mine, I would start at your local main dealer and ask for a service print out for the car. Proof of ownership may be necessary via. the V5 in your name. 

I guess this sale was not via. an Audi dealer - ? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Guest TheBishop

Thanks Gareth,

the sale was through an Audi dealer (a large Yorkshire one). So I was expecting the books. I will chase them and start with the service print out.

Rgds