Audi 80 Steering Components (LHD/RHD?)

barkersbenjamin

I'm currently trying to source a right hand tie rod assembly for my: 1993 Audi 80 2.6L V6 Avant with no avail. This is due to the apparent lack of parts available for the right hand drive variation. 

My question is whether there actually is any variation between the left and right hand drive model steering components (specifically tie rods) ? 

Below are the OEM part numbers and a link to the diagrams etc.

http://www.catcar.info/audivw/?lang=en&l=c3RzPT17IjEwIjoiQnJhbmQiLCIyMCI6IkFVREkiLCI0MCI6IkF1ZGkgODBcLzkwXC9BdmFudCBFdXJvcGUiLCI1MCI6IjE5OTMiLCI2MCI6IkZyb250IGF4bGUsIHN0ZWVyaW5nIiwiNzAiOiI0MTkxNSJ9fHxzdD09NzB8fGJyYW5kPT1hdXx8bWFya2V0PT1SRFd8fG1kbD09QTgwICB8fEVwaXM9PTExNHx8RWluc2F0ej09MTk5M3x8TWFpbkdyb3VwPT00fHxCaWxkdGFmZWw9PTQxOTE1fHxHcmFmaWs9PTA0MTkxNTEyMw%3D%3D

image.png.6137ee5c9b4fc8df06582d6fb67b4cd2.png

Welcome any responses!

Hello Ben,

Are you talking track rod ends or the (normally non wearing) track rods themselves? If TRE s then these are usually renewed on pairs, and are frequently threaded such that one has a LH thread, and it’s counterpart having a conventional RH thread. In the absence of specific data (which of course might come from the forum) I think I would be tempted to buy a pair of available TREs (if this is what you are after) if not too expensive and suck it and see. 

Another possible worth-a-try contact could be David Kingerely over in Derby- need to Google him under Autojumblers.  David deals in parts for classic cars, and is very knowledgeable and might (just might) be able to advise. Tell him Gareth (Metropolitan) suggested to give him a ring. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Gareth,

It's the full tie rod assembly that I require as the adjustment rods connecting the inner and outer rods have seized on both sides.  

I've decided to purchase the LH drive specific part (only £30) and plan to get it fitted on Friday so will let you know!

Cheers,

Ben

image.png.ad3b387d63979abc5e95ac80d5e1137d.png

• Like 1