Help Required - A4 B8 TDI Ultra

jrmcleod

Hey All,

I've had a look around the forum and not really managed to find answers to my queries.  I'm hoping some of you out there might be able to help.

I bought my A4 TDI Ultra 163 in October 2019, absolutely love the car, my first Audi and as a previous X1 and X3 owner, I have to say, i'll be sticking with Audi going forward.  Anyway, last month I noticed that my car appeared to be sitting slightly squint on flat ground.  The rear driver wheel sits closer to the arch compared to the passenger side, so I got a tape measure and checked from the centre of the wheel to the arch, and right enough the driver side is 3.5cm lower than the passenger wheel.  Thinking I was doing something wrong or that the ground wasn't level, I turned the car round and the result was the same.  I also go my father in law to follow behind me and check visually, he confirmed that when driving it is the same.  Took it to a local independent garage and asked them to check if the spring was broken etc.  They confirmed the spring wasn't broken but the spring looked different, ever so slightly thinner that the other.  I can only assume that the previous owner has fitted the wrong spring.  I was advised by the garage that there are a few different springs for my car and that replacing one at a time often causes this issue.  Can any of you confirm if this is true, also, does anyone feel I have a case to argue with the dealer I bought it from to have them replace it?

On top of this, the front far left parking sensor has stopped working, and as such the whole system.  I bought a new one, fitted it and still no joy.  So I swapped the far right with the old far left, and the far left works in the far right, but the far right doesn't work in the far left.  When the system is engaged, there is clicking on all of them except the far left.  I can only assume that since I switched sensors that I know are 100% working that there is a connection issue.  My question here is, how do you replace the connectors to the sensor? Or, are the sensors individually connected to the main sensor loom?

Again, as per the point above, do any of you feel I have a case with the dealer?

The car has a 2 year warranty but the sensors are not covered.  The coil springs are, but since they are not "broken" I don't know if they will be replaced.

Can anyone provide any guidance?

Hello Jamie,

To cut a longer reply short, it seems you and your local garage have probably diagnosed both issues, and all that is left to do is to discuss the repairs with the secondhand car dealer you bought it form - since the answers lies there. Main dealer or general used car dealer? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

4 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Jamie,

To cut a longer reply short, it seems you and your local garage have probably diagnosed both issues, and all that is left to do is to discuss the repairs with the secondhand car dealer you bought it form - since the answers lies there. Main dealer or general used car dealer? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Arnold Clark Volvo Aberdeen.  I've approached them, and emailed but the after care is pretty shocking.  The car is headed to Audi Inverness on the 16th for its Timing Belt/Water Pump etc, so I would like a response from AC before then, as I would rather get it all done at the same time.

My concern is that the wrong spring is fitted, for all I know it is very much the wrong spring and i'd rather know that driving the car wasn't going to be putting my wife and kids in a position that compromises their safety.  On top of this, the PS issue, I am fairly sure its the connector that this the problem, but I am unsure how the connectors connect to the main sensor wiring (via another connector?)

Thanks Jamie,

’......very much the wrong spring..’ . It is possible to perhaps over react to that, and logically, they can opine that the difference was not significant enough for you not to have bought it, or indeed use it for 4 months, so it’s unlikely to come under the heading of a repair which must be treated with urgency. 

If this were mine, I would be approaching the selling dealer - in writing - outlining the issues and await their response. It would of course, be progressive to inform them that the car is going into an Audi dealer on 16th (big bucks to renew timing belt and water pump!?) and suggest you can request comment on your issues and obtain quotations to rectify. 

Perhaps you could keep us updated Jamie,

Kind regards,

Gareth.