Alarm Activation Query

Wesley949

Hi Everyone, many apologies for not being on the forums at all lately.

Within the past 6-weeks, I have been informed (not witnessed myself), that my car, when parked, will randomly have the Hazards lights flashing quickly and the headlights flashing on/off, in a way where it acts like the alarm has been activated.  But not once, did anyone mention the alarm sounding.  Two incidents were at work and the last was at home 2-days ago, about 2am.  I was woken and informed that the lights on my car were going off but there was no sound of an alarm.  I then used the Remote to unlock/lock the vehicle and left it.  Did not happen again.

I think that something is triggering the alarm but not activating the siren.  Yesterday, I did a simple test.  Sat in the car, opened the Drivers side window and then locked/armed the vehicle with me inside. After 1-minute of sitting still, I waved my arms about and moved and the alarm was trigged and the siren was heard.  So I know the siren works, but I have no idea or understanding why my vehicle is having these symptoms.  I have seen NO attempt of break-in, vandalism etc..

The vehicle is now over 3-years old (Registered November 2016) and I have Extended Warranty on the vehicle but before I contact Audi, I was enquiring to see if anyone has experienced anything similar and if anyone knows what it is.

2016 Audi A6 (C7), 2.0 TDi Ultra S-Line S-Tronic (190PS).  Mileage 34,330 miles.

Thank-you.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve,

Many apologies for my delay but thank-you for your reply.  I will mention this to the Audi Service Centre when the lockdown gets stood-down but I have recently had a battery replaced on my vehicle by Audi Roadside Assistance.  I wonder of the fault in the battery would have triggered the Headlights and Hazard lights?  The new battery has been fitted a week today and no reports of anything at the moment.

I even used to get warnings after starting the car about Start/Stop not working and the Stabilisation system deactivated but when I turn off the car and restart, these warnings disappeared but sine the new battery, nothing has played up.

8 hours ago, Wesley949 said:

Hi Steve,

Many apologies for my delay but thank-you for your reply.  I will mention this to the Audi Service Centre when the lockdown gets stood-down but I have recently had a battery replaced on my vehicle by Audi Roadside Assistance.  I wonder of the fault in the battery would have triggered the Headlights and Hazard lights?  The new battery has been fitted a week today and no reports of anything at the moment.

I even used to get warnings after starting the car about Start/Stop not working and the Stabilisation system deactivated but when I turn off the car and restart, these warnings disappeared but sine the new battery, nothing has played up.

Not a problem 😊 

Usually start/stop not working can come down to a failing battery. As the system will only turn the engine off if there's plenty of charge in the battery abd the engine is up to an adequate temperature. As the car doesn't want to run the risk of turning off abd not starting again. 

Let's hope the battery resolved the issue 👍

Cheers

Steve