front door speaker rattles

Spally

ive got the standard bose speakers and the front drivers side speaker rattles like made, ive tried tightening the screws on the speaker but nothing so thinking the speaker has gone. anyone else had thw same issue?

• Like 1

Hi Lee, is the speaker working? I'm surprised the speaker would go on such young car. Alternatively if it has a bracket has that broken, or is the speaker grill causing it? 

I say that as a4 had a recall for rattling speakers grills. 

I know the q7 have a similar issue with rattling speakers usual when Bluetooth is used. Is it happening with certain music or when making calls etc. 

Also if it's happening when you're using an iPod I'm wondering if it's due to the volume being turned up too loudly on the car or iPod or similar device. In that case it's recommend to turn down the volume on your phone or iPod then turn up the volume on the car stereo. See if that helps. Hope that makes sense. 

Cheers

Steve

hello steve, i read somewhere about loose screws so removed the door panel and tightened them. the noise isnt just when it on loud and its when i use any form of music, radio,cd or from my phone. i touched the paper cone when it was happening and it stopped which is why i think its blown. the passenger door has done it a couple of times but not as bad as the drivers door! only 2015 and the speakers rattling doesnt sound good to me considering the price of the car when new.

regards Lee

Sounds like you've made a logical decision and it's worth changing. Try and get one from eBay. I have to say the quality seems to have decreased some what. As my a6 has its original speakers. 

Cheers

Steve

• 2 months later...

Did you change the speaker in the end?  I know that my 2011 A7 has managed to go through both FrontDoor speakers... although I suspect it is the volume that my wife plays her music at that is the root-cause!

• 1 month later...

i changed the front door speakers, bought them from audi at around £50 for the pair. looks like bottom of the range speakers and to be honest im surprised a car of this size and quality would have such light weight speakers. sound ok but i wasnt impressed with them

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Same issue on my recently bought 2013 A7, will brave it today and remove the door card 🙂   occasionally its fine, which suggests its not a blown speakers for me , but loose fixing or something like that.  appreciate the posts 🙂