Audi A4 DRL Bulbs

Wars750

Hi Guys, new member here, just purchased An Audi A4 2014 2.0tdi, can someone clarify what bulbs fit the DRLs ?? I've seen some videos of one's have 2 bulbs for each headlight and mine has 1 bulb per side, is it a ps19w or what, looking to upgrade to Led ones, Cheers

Edited by Wars750

Remove headlight, then on the back of this you will see two circles indented on the plastic housing, cut these out carefully, as there are wires behind where your cutting, I did this with a Stanley knife. Once the circles are cut out, remove the bulbs and replace with new ones, suggest you could try site t8ups for these. You will need 2 rubber covers for the holes you have cut out, 2 per headlight, these can be purchased direct from your Audi dealer.
Replace headlights and enjoy your new crisp drl's.

By the way there's no need to remove bumper, just the plastic radiator cover under the bonnet, between your headlights. 

The bulbs you need must be canbus type/error free. Otherwise you'll end up with bulb warning light on the dash. P13w are one type of LED you can get. 

cheers

Steve

23 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Remove headlight, then on the back of this you will see two circles indented on the plastic housing, cut these out carefully, as there are wires behind where your cutting, I did this with a Stanley knife. Once the circles are cut out, remove the bulbs and replace with new ones, suggest you could try site t8ups for these. You will need 2 rubber covers for the holes you have cut out, 2 per headlight, these can be purchased direct from your Audi dealer.
Replace headlights and enjoy your new crisp drl's.

By the way there's no need to remove bumper, just the plastic radiator cover under the bonnet, between your headlights. 

The bulbs you need must be canbus type/error free. Otherwise you'll end up with bulb warning light on the dash. P13w are one type of LED you can get. 

cheers

Steve

Thanks for the reply, that's the confusing bit, I watched a video on YouTube and he had 2 bulbs per side, apparently on the 2014 model only use one per side and u don't need to cut anything, but I noticed a comment that said he bought ps13w and they didn't fit.

2 hours ago, Wars750 said:

Thanks for the reply, that's the confusing bit, I watched a video on YouTube and he had 2 bulbs per side, apparently on the 2014 model only use one per side and u don't need to cut anything, but I noticed a comment that said he bought ps13w and they didn't fit.

Hmm not sure then. Was only going off information I had been told a long while back. My advice would be to wait until Halfords reopens to double check what you need. Or ask Audi your car has one or two bulbs. 

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Steve, dug deeper into it, it had one bulb per side and they are Psx26w not Psx13W as some retailers are sailing bulbs marked Psx26w but are actually psx13w saying there both the same. 

4 hours ago, Wars750 said:

Cheers Steve, dug deeper into it, it had one bulb per side and they are Psx26w not Psx13W as some retailers are sailing bulbs marked Psx26w but are actually psx13w saying there both the same. 

Glad you got sorted. 👍