Bluetooth connection

Reaper21

Hi guys,

I have been reading a lot on the audi forums around the web and I am a little bit confused. I would like to know if I can answer calls through the bluetooth connection. So far, I haven't managed to do that even though I connect my phone to the car. I can see my contact list on the car screen and even I can use the voice command to make a call, but I am not able to talk through the car if you know what I mean. Car model is Audi A3 Black Edition 2011 and it has the Audi concert installed on.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Believe it or not, not all phones will connnect to the Bluetooth properly unless you upgrade the Bluetooth for a new system. You can upgrade the bluetooth module. There's a list somewhere online as to what phones work and what do not. You can also reset the settings only Not the master reset which might get it to work.

It seems strange that newer phone will not pair I always assumed that the new bluetooth (V1.1 & V2) extended the range and speed of transfers as apposed to being a totally different method of transfer if that makes any sense. What I mean is I assumed that the way the transfer happened was the same it just got quicker and was possible to use from longer distances, but I'm probably wrong lol!

What I am right about is being able to upgrade the BT module itself to a newer version. 

From what I understand the Bluetooth is a bit temperatemperamental. I also saw another owner had found nthis to work: 

"So anyway, this seems to be the key. Start engine, search deevices and once done, drive off and talk on phone all legal like."

hope I've helped.

Cheers

Steve

Hi brother, thanks for the answer. To be honest, I don't understand what I have to do cause I can pair the phone to the car! Do you mean to upgrade my phone's bluetooth or the car's?

I just saw a video on Youtube where the guy changes to CD mode in order to stream music from his phone. I will try that in the morning, but I was wondering if that could be also the solution for talking to the phone.

31 minutes ago, Reaper21 said:

Hi brother, thanks for the answer. To be honest, I don't understand what I have to do cause I can pair the phone to the car! Do you mean to upgrade my phone's bluetooth or the car's?

I just saw a video on Youtube where the guy changes to CD mode in order to stream music from his phone. I will try that in the morning, but I was wondering if that could be also the solution for talking to the phone.

You're welcome 🙂 apologies I meant upgrading the cars Bluetooth. 

Yea give it a go, I hope it works 👍 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has the same pal its only for using it for making & answering calls but cant play music through it, need to upgrade the bluetooth on the stereo to do this which im not bothered about doing. Dont understand why yours wont make calls though try deleting & pair it again hope it works 👍🏽

Deleting and pairing again is what I did at last and it's working now, I can make and answer calls through the left button on the steering wheel! The only drawback, as you said, is that I can't play music through it.