A3 8p 3dr towbar

Johna38p

Can anyone tell me the width of a towbar to fit a 2008 a3 8p 3dr to save taking the bumper off to find out,I have a q3 witter one and it looks the same going off pictures on eBay,cheers 

I do not believe it will fit due to the mounting points. Can't find the dimensions unfortunately.

Also if the 8p is a quattro I believe it shouldn't have a Towbar fitted as the quattro models aren't rated for them.  

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve it’s a 1.9tdi only wanting one on to carry a bike rack I have a orange s3 with one fitted online not sure if that is a oem tow bar or one made to fit,cheers 

Yea I've seen the s3 one with a Towbar fitted. I believe certain companies are being a little naughty. The s3 isn't rated for a Towbar due to the quattro system but obviously the bodyshell/chassis is the same. However the reason why I say manufacturers are being naughty is that they're fitting towbars when the cars aren't rated and getting owners to sign a disclaimer that it'll only be used for off road use. 

Yeah I have heard something about Audi advising not to get them fitted it should be ok for what I need it for and being a frount wheel drive not Quattro do you think? Cheers 

Yea using it for a bike rack shouldnt be too bad but I wonder if you could get questioned at mot time or if you get pulled by the police how ever likely that would be. I have to say it to air on the side of caution. Here's a Towbar guide that might be useful: 

https://autoevoke.com/index.php?/forums/topic/8998-types-of-tow-bars/&tab=comments#comment-9088

Cheers

Steve

The one I have is detachable and know the mot bloke but don’t know any police officers haha I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it,thanks for the advice great help 👍