A4 Avant 3.0 (272) Upgrades

WRJ11

Hello! Ive recently bought a B9 Avant with the 3.0 (272) engine. Loving the car already but want to put my own stamp on it. Looking around online there doesn't seem to be much about this engine and particular upgrades for it, so thought i would post on here to see if anyone can point me in the right direction. 

Things I'm interested in upgrading (Apart from the obvious remap/box((Different debate i know))

1. Air intake 
  2. Springs 
  3. Exhaust 
  4. Transmission mount insert? 

I understand the irony of asking other people for ideas so that i can put 'my own stamp on it' haha. But just looking to see what other people have done to their 272. Any help will be appreciated! Will get some pictures up soon. 

Cheers

Will 

Hi Steve! 

Thanks for the reply! Do you know of any specific induction kits for the 3.0TDI? Really struggling to find one that fits?

Thanks Steve,

Just incase anyone comes down the same path as myself. I spoke with someone from RAM AIR and got this response to explain why its difficult to find any aftermarket intakes for the A4 CRTC Engine 3.0TDI. 

Hi Will, 

Thanks for messaging us, 

I'm afraid I dont have any good news for you either. We currently do not have a vehicle specific induction kit for your A4. 

I believe the MAF sensor is integrated in the standard airbox, which means this would need to be relocated away from the airbox, which is more complex than it sounds. 

Best Regards, 

17 hours ago, WRJ11 said:

Thanks Steve,

Just incase anyone comes down the same path as myself. I spoke with someone from RAM AIR and got this response to explain why its difficult to find any aftermarket intakes for the A4 CRTC Engine 3.0TDI. 

Hi Will, 

Thanks for messaging us, 

I'm afraid I dont have any good news for you either. We currently do not have a vehicle specific induction kit for your A4. 

I believe the MAF sensor is integrated in the standard airbox, which means this would need to be relocated away from the airbox, which is more complex than it sounds. 

Best Regards, 

Darn. Well you can still go with an exhaust and remap 👍