2004 - 2.0tdi reliability

pr0xibus

Evening folks

Looking at an a6 2.0tdi, 150k, sun burnt orange

Service history every 30k to 141. No mentions of cam belt, not really a problem as I could get that replaced but someone flagged up on facebook about an oil pump drive or something, is this an issue with the a6 or audi in general. 

How much is it to replace, parts and labour 

8 minutes ago, pr0xibus said:

Ended up leaving it alone, bought a a6 c5 2.0 instead lower mileage sort of thing. Pity the c6 looked fantastic

C5, now you're in my territory and knowledge 😉 love my c5. Any pics? What's the history on it? They're great cars when we'll maintained. 

Only the 1 pic. 2003 flawless condition 90k full history including belts at 60k was an older gentleman that had it before me, what ever it needed it got sort of thing. Tad on the slow side to what I had from my other car but still nippy non the less. 

IMG_20200921_155916.jpg

3 minutes ago, pr0xibus said:

Only the 1 pic. 2003 flawless condition 90k full history including belts at 60k was an older gentleman that had it before me, what ever it needed it got sort of thing. Tad on the slow side to what I had from my other car but still nippy non the less. 

IMG_20200921_155916.jpg

Beautiful ❤️ my a6 is a similar spec and a year older. My dad bought mine new in 2002 abd I inherited it. Mines done 332k on the original engine and gearbox which have never been rebuilt. 90k is very low mileage and should provide you reliable service 🙂

Fingers crossed. Getting it in for mot soon, need to replace bearing and rear suspension. Got some 17" audi alloys coming, replacement stickers for the ac and hopefully a rear lip for the boot. After winter will see how I feel about it, only wanted the c6 for all the erm buttons to press but the c5 has grown on me

On 9/22/2020 at 10:45 PM, pr0xibus said:

Fingers crossed. Getting it in for mot soon, need to replace bearing and rear suspension. Got some 17" audi alloys coming, replacement stickers for the ac and hopefully a rear lip for the boot. After winter will see how I feel about it, only wanted the c6 for all the erm buttons to press but the c5 has grown on me

You won't be disappointed, i.love mine. The stickers are a common issue. They like to wear out front suspension arms. 

Yeah got the stickers yesterday, need to remove the ac to scrape them clean. All front arms are brand new so hopefully be fine for a year. Must admit one niggly thing is the erm boatyness when turning, rear end just doesn't feel like it sticks to the ground, my saab is about the same length and sticks like glue, need to check rear suspension later see if anything is obvious