New Member Looking to Spec New Q7 Need Help

CerealProspector

Hi folks,

Former Merc driver. I am looking to get myself a Q7, and I'm thoroughly confused with all the specs. Please could you advise me on what is essential and answer some questions?

My priorities are - long distance comfort - especially seating. I'm a generously proportioned in all three dimensions, so need under thigh support and plenty of adjustment. It's also going to be the family wagon , which is why I'm dumping the Merc ( aside from some shoddy shoddy service and build quality). Both little people require ISOFIX and granny requires ability to get into it while not puling a muscle.

I have no status ambitions with it what so ever, bling isn't my thing. Comfort and utility is what I prioritise.

And.., I'm not shelling out for a "Black" or  "Vorsrpung.".. just as I wasn't gong to shell out for a "AMG Line Premium Plus  Midnight Cowbay Super Duper Edition" , which is what Merc are up to these dyas.

1) What trim level should one go with. I'm not looking for sportiness. Is the "sport" good enough on the 2020 models, or do you people who went for sport regret not moving up to the "S-line"?

2) I do a lot of motorways. My old Mercedes CLS had "Drive Pilot". It set was adaptive cruise, but also set the speed limits by using the GPS/ Traffic sign recognition, and steered you back into lane if you wandered off. Does the

3) How is it for the children?

4) What item did you wish you had specced on your car?

5) What did you spec that turned out to be a complete waste of time and more hassle than its worth?

Thanks in advance for your help, hope to be joining your ranks soon.

Yours

The Cereal Hunter

Welcome to the forum 🙂 are you looking for the current model or an older model? 

Usually entry level trim has the softest suspension, some may come with air suspension as an option. And entry level trim.is often good for comfort. However you might find an s line trim seats offer more support. 

My advice would be to sit in/drive both to see which you.prefer. 

31 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum 🙂 are you looking for the current model or an older model? 

Usually entry level trim has the softest suspension, some may come with air suspension as an option. And entry level trim.is often good for comfort. However you might find an s line trim seats offer more support. 

My advice would be to sit in/drive both to see which you.prefer. 

Thanks, I'm looking at a 2020 model, so Air as standard.

I'm more concerned about the difference between the Sport and S Line in seat comfort