Audi A4 Black Edition - some queries

bretty1984

Hi all,

New member here and I am going to be taking delivery of my new Audi A4 Black Edition next week.

I have gone for a lease option on a 2020/21 model and although I do loads of research  (and have been for four months), something has come to my attention now that i have placed the order. I watched the usual reviews on youtube and such and nothing jumped out at me while I went through the audi configurator to build the exact model too, so I could see what I was getting and again, everything was good.

However, I have noticed that many of the 18 (and maybe 19 plates, mine will be a 21 plate) have the audi decals on the door and a black trim on the lip of the boot lid. These didn't crop up on the configurator but since I ordered I delved deeper into youtube and saw some older  models have these but not any of the newer models, do they come with these as part of the black edition on the new model?

Thanks in advance!

Hi no that's the older model the black trim is only on all the bits that should be chrome on standard models and defo no audi signs on rear doors if that what you meant hope this helps had mine 2 weeks it a cracking car you be happy minus those bits ya asking about 😁

2 hours ago, Davy50 said:

Hi no that's the older model the black trim is only on all the bits that should be chrome on standard models and defo no audi signs on rear doors if that what you meant hope this helps had mine 2 weeks it a cracking car you be happy minus those bits ya asking about 😁

That's amazing and thank God they aren't on there. I had done so much research and hadn't seen them anywhere, that was until I delved a little deeper into YouTube after I had confirmed the lease! Thanks though 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks,  Chris! I’m not sure how I feel about them ... I think it stems from my girlfriends dad having a Mercedes e class and for some mental reason he put these Mercedes badge stickers on the wing mirrors! I used to think it was really funny! 

Obviously not the same thing at all! They’re quite cool but just not sure if they’re me! What colour is yours if you don’t mind me asking? 

Hi can only speak for my 2021 black edition which come with standard speakers not b & o speakers which am sure are a added pack if ya want them.

7 minutes ago, richwantsacar said:

Hey guys, this really is a noob question - I thought all the b9 black editions came with the b&o speaker upgrade - is this incorrect? Thanks!

I always thought b&o was always an option? 

This review gives you a good idea of what's standard 

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/audi-a4-71826

On 5/5/2021 at 7:57 PM, richwantsacar said:

Thanks,  Chris! I’m not sure how I feel about them ... I think it stems from my girlfriends dad having a Mercedes e class and for some mental reason he put these Mercedes badge stickers on the wing mirrors! I used to think it was really funny! 

Obviously not the same thing at all! They’re quite cool but just not sure if they’re me! What colour is yours if you don’t mind me asking? 

My Avant is Arctic White, so the black rings stand out nicely, Richard, and go nicely with the Black Edition bits & pieces. I'd send some pics, but having just got a new laptop haven't got access at the moment.

2 hours ago, richwantsacar said:

Hey guys, this really is a noob question - I thought all the b9 black editions came with the b&o speaker upgrade - is this incorrect? Thanks!

Mine has the standard kit, Richard.

Hey Chris, thanks for the info! You are all correct (hah as you know as you actually own the car!).

Ive just put a deposit down on an approved used A5 s line instead, so fingers crossed it’s a goodun - thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 7:57 PM, richwantsacar said:

Sorry for this very late reply, Richard. My car is Arctic white.