A6 Avant new owner

Hi Everyone,

Picking up our 2018 A6 Avant S-line Quattro at some point this week. It’s the Mrs motor in reality, trading in our 2019 Q2  for it. 

We needed something bigger for the family, the Q2 was ok, but a bit of a squeeze. She fancied an XC60, but they were a bit pricey and I’ve never owned a Volvo before, so we plumped for the A6 instead. 

The brief was bigger than the Q2, 4x4 and a rear windscreen wiper. I think I got that covered. 🤣

looking forward to picking it up and seeing how she goes. Our other car (mine) is a Skoda Superb estate and to be honest. It’s an excellent car. 

Welcome to the forum, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch ☺️ definitely sounds like the a6 will meet the description lol. When do you collect it? 

Just waiting on the v5 coming back for the Q2, as had to take the private plate off, so with a bit of luck it’ll come on Monday and do the deal on Tuesday. 
Planning a wee day trip to Glencoe on Friday if the weather is nice. It’ll give me a chance to shake it down and make sure everything is in order. 

1 hour ago, CraigR1977 said:

Just waiting on the v5 coming back for the Q2, as had to take the private plate off, so with a bit of luck it’ll come on Monday and do the deal on Tuesday. 
Planning a wee day trip to Glencoe on Friday if the weather is nice. It’ll give me a chance to shake it down and make sure everything is in order. 

That'll be a lovely trip 🙂 fingers crossed it you get it on Tuesday 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CraigR1977 said:

Picking the car up in the morning! 😀

Very exciting! Bet you can't wait 🙂 is it just you, or are the whole family going? 

All of us, The mrs gets to sign, but I have to pay! 🤣

Really looking forward to getting it though. I just hope it suits her as much as it’ll suit me. 

I'm sure it will. When my parents bought the a6 I own (I inherited it from dad) the criteria was a 7 seat estate that mum liked. It was a toss up between the a6 & volvo v70. Mum preferred the a6, abd the rest is history. Over 19 years later to be exact. 

• Like 1

Brilliant! I still think I’ll scratch that Volvo itch at some point though. 
Value for money right now the A6 blows the  XC60 out the water. Probably looking at another £4-5k for the same spec/year/mileage. 

7 hours ago, CraigR1977 said:

Brilliant! I still think I’ll scratch that Volvo itch at some point though. 
Value for money right now the A6 blows the  XC60 out the water. Probably looking at another £4-5k for the same spec/year/mileage. 

Well my grandad had a Volvo 760 which was a fantastic car, but unfortunately was scrapped. I had the Volvo itch too because of this and got a Volvo 940 for a while. The only Volvo that interests me currently is the s90, mainly because it feels more like the pioneering Volvo 760. 

FB_IMG_1620970858513.jpg

• Like 1

Picked the car up this morning, all good. Drives well, no problems that I could find at all. It’s very refined, compared to the Skoda superb, even though they share dna, it’s not immediately obvious. The mrs loves it too. Result!

66ED5B38-3A21-449A-BCD3-D217A11D0072.jpeg

49 minutes ago, CraigR1977 said:

Picked the car up this morning, all good. Drives well, no problems that I could find at all. It’s very refined, compared to the Skoda superb, even though they share dna, it’s not immediately obvious. The mrs loves it too. Result!

66ED5B38-3A21-449A-BCD3-D217A11D0072.jpeg

Looks great! Glad you're other half likes it too 🙂 hope you had a great trip out in it today 🙂

1 hour ago, Shytot said:

Looks nice - enjoy! 

Which engine is it? 

2.0 tdi, was trying to find a 3.0 in our budget, but the reality was there’s not really that many around. This is more than powerful enough for us. My days of pushing on are long gone. 🤣

7 minutes ago, CraigR1977 said:

2.0 tdi, was trying to find a 3.0 in our budget, but the reality was there’s not really that many around. This is more than powerful enough for us. My days of pushing on are long gone. 🤣

You could always get it remapped for extra power 👍

3 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

You could always get it remapped for extra power 👍

Maybe, it’s got two years warranty, would probably wait till that’s run out before I did a re map. I used to have a VW caddy maxi, that I  used as my daily and trackday van. It was brilliant. You could fit a sports bike and all the gear in for a couple of days away and get your head down in the back. Wish I still had it to be honest. The things you give up for your kids. 🤣 I had it remapped and it transformed it. Better economy and more power. What’s not to like? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CraigR1977 said:

Maybe, it’s got two years warranty, would probably wait till that’s run out before I did a re map. I used to have a VW caddy maxi, that I  used as my daily and trackday van. It was brilliant. You could fit a sports bike and all the gear in for a couple of days away and get your head down in the back. Wish I still had it to be honest. The things you give up for your kids. 🤣 I had it remapped and it transformed it. Better economy and more power. What’s not to like? 

Definitely! And good idea to wait after warranty ☺️ you'll have to get your a6 out on track. I did It with my a6 a couple of years ago. 

40 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Definitely! And good idea to wait after warranty ☺️ you'll have to get your a6 out on track. I did It with my a6 a couple of years ago. 

Two wheels on track only for me Steve, I can just about to afford to bin my bike 🤣

58 minutes ago, CraigR1977 said:

Two wheels on track only for me Steve, I can just about to afford to bin my bike 🤣

Fair point! Mind you I bet it's more fun on two wheels anyway! 

We're planning to attend some shows this year and have a club display, you'd be more than welcome to come along ☺️

• Like 1