2014 A7 3.0 TFSI Oil Sensor low Oil alarm in just 500km (after changing Oil)

syed farhan

I have changed oil and after driving the car for 500 km the oil check is displaying almost half the oil so I Checked this with an independent Audi maintenance center and according to him its normal since the oil check sensors are sensitive...I am not sure about this explanation and had requested a manual oil check dip stick to make sure....Furthermore, the drive seems to be really smooth and there is no sign of leakage...

Is it s a sensor problem or maybe there is some internal leakage which needs to be resealed....Please advise..

My car is A7 2014 TFSI 3.0 2014 with 61000 km...

To check for leaks you'll need to look under the car for any fresh oil spill or on top of the engine. If it was manually checked what level.was it on? 

Abd was the old oil flushed out? 

Exactly what volume of oil did you put in the car Sayed, in comparison with what was quoted in the owners handbook under ‘engine oil capacity including filter’? We take it you also renewed the oil filter.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Oil is around 7 liters and also the filter was changed ..The oil used was ( BMW long life)SAE 5W-30.. By the way I am not feeling any performance issue nor I could find any kind of leakage. In addition, there are no traces of oil in the silencer...

So what is the listed handbook capacity for an oil and filter change then? 

‘ ....around 7 litre...’ . - was that what you put in, or was that what you were supposed to put it?

Not sure I like the ‘around’ bit. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

That’s better Syed. 
So you added the correct quantity of oil, and you don’t have an oil leak.

Logic would point to a faulty oil level sensor - or does it have to be recalibrated at every oil change?