Wired telephone microphone cable run

Johnny5C

Hi all, I have a connects2 unit arriving this week to plug into my symphony 2+. I think it will be a simple install, except it comes with a wired mic which I will have to run up through the dash, up the A pillar and mount overhead somewhere. 

I have searched online for a day now and not found any guidance.

Mine is a convertible. 

I suppose I cold just go out and start stripping the overhead parts, but any advice would be appreciated. 

Cheers  

As a new owner I'm no expert but have a look at the trim for sale on eBay and look at the clips. Getting the cable to the A pillar will be straightforward and from the photos, it looks like there may be 2 bolts/screws at the top. Otherwise the A pillar trim is held in by push clips. Do yourself a favour and buy a set of trim tools, you are much less likely to damage the trim and it's way easier than trying to use  a screwdriver. something like this is perfect https://www.amazon.co.uk/UTOOL-Removal-Including-Fasterner-Drawstring/dp/B08M5YHJFJ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1UDKQ37KBUZVJ&dchild=1&keywords=car+trim+removal+kit&qid=1630525254&sprefix=car+trim%2Caps%2C157&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVEpNWUdKSFBMWUxUJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTMzMDgwMzdJVEdNUkZHRE1RUiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzYyMTg4MUpYQVFHRllSMEFVOSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

s-l1600.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 20.36.36.png