Engine Remap

Greg W

• 1 year later...

Had a remap done on my B8 A4 143 PS TDI 2.0 which made a massive difference to how it drove, a lot more torque and more responsive, slightly better fuel economy although tended to drive it harder and drove a lot of motorway miles in it.  Remapped once it was out of warranty and notified the insurance company as you must.  Removed before I sold the car back to stock.  I used Superchips although other companies offer a similar service.  Not bothering on my new TFSI 40 though as that is powerful enough for front wheel drive.

• 4 months later...

I think it was £350 ish but prices seem variable with them, and that was nearly 10 years ago! Of course other companies also offer remap services.  Difficult to say exactly how much more economical but it definitely drove a lot better, the car felt underpowered and not very responsive until it was done.  When I had the map taken off before selling the car it felt totally different.

I got our 2.0 35tfsi remapped a couple of months ago. It’s like a different car. Not really looked at the mpg figures as it doesn’t do high mileage, but in terms of driving it’s just better all round. first time I’ve ever had a car mapped. They also did a gearbox map as well. Not sure if this is the norm or something that you pay extra for. I got it cheap because my mate runs a garage and it’s the guy they use, £240. 

I'm  considering getting my 35 TFSI remapped when it finally arrives  I had a quote from celtic tuning but they have stated that they not able to remap most VAG cars built after 2020 has anyone mapped a car built after this date?

2 hours ago, stufos said:

I'm  considering getting my 35 TFSI remapped when it finally arrives  I had a quote from celtic tuning but they have stated that they not able to remap most VAG cars built after 2020 has anyone mapped a car built after this date?

Hi I don't think you are going to get many takers for this one as they changed the software from late 2019 as well as the diagnostic platform, IDOS the latest version of which asks each element for a reciprocation code and if it don't get it will block that part of the program, so being as the whole system is connected to the Audi mainframe so head office always knows whats going on with the car they sold you.

Steve.

22 hours ago, stufos said:

Thanks Steve and seems to confirm what I have read all be it Superchips still seem to offer tuning for 2019+ cars. 

Hi I really would not trust that bunch, I put my reg in to see what they came up with by way of options so, apparently my car is a Mercedes saloon and not an A6 Avant so that prompts the thought what else could they get wrong.

Steve.