Sat nav fault

Ray Burns

I have a 68 plate c8 a6 50 tdi recently the sat nav screen has lost some of its colour and looks a sort of bland shade of cream on both the mmi and the virtual cockpit screen, wondering if it needs to be reset or wether i have inadvertently changed something. New owner had the car for two years, ran out of warranty last month.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Steve, have since found out that the satellite navigation is only free for three years it then reverts to a normal sat nav screen without all the benifits of a preium screen lost a lot of definition and road identity, you can of course pay to have it reinstalled at a cost of over £85 a month. No thanks, every phone has sat nav installed at no extra cost but a £50k from Audi you have three years grace and then they sting you. Joke. Thanks anyway Steve for replying.

No probs at all. Unfortunately as cars get more technology focused the more features will become subscription services. I saw an article where bmw were looking at doing this for heated seats and other features that would be activated at a cost through the infotainment screen. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2021 at 8:56 PM, Ray Burns said:

, you can of course pay to have it reinstalled at a cost of over £85 a month. 

Is this the cost for renewing the Audi connect, or is this something else?

• 3 weeks later...

I’m just about to take delivery of an April 2019 Avant, and plan to install a data sim in the centre console to retain connectivity once the Audi Connect expires. I’m certainly not prepared to pay £85/month when a pre-loaded data sim with 24GB costs approximately £40. That should retain my connectivity as it did in my C7 beforehand.