Audi A6 black edition

GaryBisset

Hi here is my a6 black edition. Full multi stage polish and ceramic coating done a few months ago. Im thinking about changing the wheel colour, has anyone done this and have any photos? Thinking about bronze at the moment. Thank you 

97E44EF7-F90D-4CF5-A92C-7E26C0D7EA2B.jpeg

91B2C321-5859-4314-9EC7-AC051237EAE0.jpeg

6D3FB97D-C8A8-4E91-8461-EBF5B9478B41.jpeg

888CF9BB-5792-423F-94F2-AF340EE6E323.jpeg

002E8D75-99B8-44F8-9FA8-7A91851FDF29.jpeg

Edited by GaryBisset

Hello Gary, 

I’m very much with David.

Bronze wheels on a lovely example in factory spec?? 
Blinking heck, the last time I saw that was on a John Player Special in the 1980s. Didn’t like it then, and not really had a change of heart since! 
Still, as they say, beauty is in the eye of the holder. There again, it is also said that love is blind! 
Just an opinion Gary. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Gary,

Many thanks for coming back. I feel sorry now about my rather flippant reply - each to their own, and I have a thing about originality, and I really shouldn’t influence your decision. 
Flaking lacquer? I would think it’s unusual for the original lacquer to start to peel on a 5 year old car, but I could be wrong again here, when I wonder if any degree of refinishing has been carried out on the two affected wheels. I’ve seen evidence of the adverse affect of wheel cleaner sprayed on before high pressure car washing, but that usually manifests itself as ‘milkiness’ on the lacquer coating. 
If it were mine, I would be tempted to take it to a trusted local wheel refurbishers and seek their opinion. While there, they are likely to have examples of various colour finishes which you might like to consider. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.