2015 Q5 SE 3.0 TSI Quattro - Air Filter replacement

littletehidy

Can anyone give the recommended air filter replacement schedule for UK ?

The best I can find is 55K miles (USA).

I recently found some leaves etc stuck in the air intake viewed from front grille and took the air filter out to find:-

See attached Photo!!

I only do a small mileage each year (27500 in total) so would have to wait a long time to reach 55k.

Has anyone found the same problem?

Car has been maintained, from new by main dealer AUDI.

IMG_20211221_132005031.jpg

Hello David,

Thanks for being in touch.

The actual scheduled mileage or time to change the air filter? Having said that, I would not leave an air filter in operation for 55 K miles even if it was correct.

Can we take it that the total mileage the car has covered in 6 years is 27.5 K? -  bit under 5K/a.

If the 55K mentioned is correct then the main dealer has been right in not changing it, but even so, I would have thought that there would have been a time limit on this. 
Some swear by the importance of full main dealer service history, others swear at it! Personally, I see little merit in spending probably north of £100/hr (+VAT) labour to service an out-of -warranty vehicle, but…

Incase it helps David:- Our humble A3 (now 6 to 7K/a) gets an annual service using Quantum Longlife oil, with the oil filter changed every year, and the air filter every two years. This seem simple, and perhaps over- serviced, but for the cost of the air filter - why not? 
All the power out of an engine develops via. air which comes through the filter, so that filter has to be clean at all times. That’s why I ensure it’s treated with respect. 
Hope some of this helps,

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

5 hours ago, littletehidy said:

Can anyone give the recommended air filter replacement schedule for UK ?

The best I can find is 55K miles (USA).

I recently found some leaves etc stuck in the air intake viewed from front grille and took the air filter out to find:-

See attached Photo!!

I only do a small mileage each year (27500 in total) so would have to wait a long time to reach 55k.

Has anyone found the same problem?

Car has been maintained, from new by main dealer AUDI.

IMG_20211221_132005031.jpg

Hi there is only one place for the item in the photo and thats in the bin, I run my A6 as a cab and service it every 9k about 4-5 times a year and the main summer services produce something similar to your filter, replace yearly with a service and you will be amazed by the results, better mpg and a more responsive engine, for what they cost its a no brainer. the new engines rely on good airflow.

Steve.