Rear Coil Spring Broken

Brizzle

Backed then car off the drive today, heard a small thud and then look under the car to see part of the drivers side rear coil spring on the floor

Garage are fixing it as it’s under warranty with them, but it might explain the small noise I’ve been hearing, even though I took it back to them and they said it was the boot mechanism and fixed that, did help but could still hear something 

Was surprised how easy it snapped, just passed MOT 6 weeks ago 

One question is are you meant to do them in pairs, or can one just be fixed on its own?

As Gareth has said they should be chdbged in pairs and the garage will know this. Therefore they've tried to cut corners. Honesty goes along way. They should have said that the other needed changing too even if it meant you paid for it. It's safety at the end of the day. 

Hello Steve,

Is my dotage showing through, since I seem to have missed the bit about the garage knowing and cutting corners - and the honesty bit? Wasn’t actually aware the garage had stated they were only going to change the one.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

9 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Steve,

Is my dotage showing through, since I seem to have missed the bit about the garage knowing and cutting corners - and the honesty bit? Wasn’t actually aware the garage had stated they were only going to change the one.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Apologies I might have got wirers crossed. However if the garage are changing one under warranty surely they should be advising the other one to be changed too? 

• Like 1