A3 high level brake light recommendations.

Magnet

Hello folks,

The high level brake light has failed on the 2006 A3, and needs to be renewed ( supply is fine). 
eBay lists a predominance of Chinese supplies, and judging by the prices being asked for used ones, I would anticipate a new VAG one would be an arm and leg job. 
Wondered if anyone has been there, done it and it’s lasted, with a non VAG one, and could pass on a recommendation. 
Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Ben,

Many thanks for responding.

The car is humble, basic Sportback A3 (2006) where the tailgate does protrude a bit - I guess in spoiler form.

Part number is BP4 945 097B. It’s the one which is held in by 4 white plastic arrow head shaped sprung fixings. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

9 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Ben,

Wondering if the one you have will be the right one for my car. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Gareth, have you got the 8P chassis - 3/5 door? Have you got a spoiler attached to your tailgate too? 

On 1/16/2022 at 3:59 PM, Magnet said:

Hello folks,

The high level brake light has failed on the 2006 A3, and needs to be renewed ( supply is fine). 
EBay lists a predominance of Chinese supplies, and judging by the prices being asked for used ones, I would anticipate a new VAG one would be an arm and leg job. 
Wondered if anyone has been there, done it and it’s lasted, with a non VAG one, and could pass on a recommendation. 
Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi I spent a couple of years buying tailgate handles for my Mondeos at £40 a pop, after every winter going into spring they would start mucking about eventually bought the Chinese version which was only £10 so bought two and have never used the other one, some of the stuff they do is pretty robust for the money.

Steve.

• Like 1