B9 / B9.5 rear bumper

Chris R

Sorry if this has been covered but I cant find info anywhere. Does anyone know if the rear bumper from the B9.5 is a direct fit to the B9? I have a 2017 3.0tdi s line avant and find the s line bumper a bit plain.  I wouldn't mind replacing with the B9 bumper with fake r/h side exhaust, or even S4 bumper.

Any advice appreciated 

You could look at just changing the rear valance instead of the whole bumper. Here's a guy that's done that: 

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/retrofitting-revised-rear-valence-assembly-non-2019-model-2964384/page2/ 

In theory the rear bumper should be in a direct fit abd all the bolt on holes in should be there. 

Yeah I've seen that and tbh it's my plan B.  I was looking at the after market S4 style ones with the quad tips but can't get a straight answer if they fit cars with the ad blue tank. Then I started looking at the B9.5 rear bumper, especially S4, and think it looks awesome. Shame about the front end! Not sure what Audi were thinking there. To me, cars have faces and the B9 had a smart slightly aggressive face.  The B9.5 has face like someone gurning with constipation.  Anyways, my thinking was the S4 is now diesel and has fake tips on the right so might be a straight fit.  Just need to find a used one on eBay and get it sprayed. 

• 1 year later...

Hi

Sorry no, never did it in the end. From what I could find it would work though, just might need some exhaust fabrication.

Sold the car now. Changed for a Q7 and busy wondering what I can do to this one. 🤔