Coolant leak

Babu

Hi I have 3 year old Q5 had only 19k mileage. Had coolant leak quite surprised the workshop billed£1600 ! As usual squeeze out as much from customer looks like Audi policy. I thought for a good quality make very poor service/ quality. Anyone went through same experience, their customer care is awful. Any warranties applicable? Thanks 

There should be good will on this. But Audi customer care has always been bad. I can say that as my A6 was bought new in 2002 by my dad and the turbo blew 3 days out of warranty. Audi would only cover half the repair. 

My ford Kuga daily (Audi is now in semi retirement) and ford customer care was no better. But I do believe this depends on which franchise dealer it is as is the case with ford. 

It might be worth contacting Audi customer services. Or the motoring ombudsman. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had a coolant leak on my 2015 SQ5 - this was the seal in the V of the engine - this was fixed FOC with the extended warranty.

IMHO, the VW extended warranty is worth every penny - saved me a fair amount of money over the 5 years i had that car - i'd recommend everyone gets one!

Many thanks Dave,

Unfortunately the original poster chose to join the forum, post his plea for help, and has not visited the form since posting, so advice has either not got through, or has not been appreciated - or both. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.