Pattern parts

Rutland

Hi all - as the engine in my A6allroad is the same 3 litre V6 used by VW and Porsche, I’m presuming there’s a difference in price for parts.
Does anyone know which parts can only be ORIGINAL AUDI ? For instance is the DPF filter available from say Eurocarparts or some other supplier ? Or EGR valve etc.

Just thinking for the future here hoping I can make some savings somewhere on service items etc. 

Edited by Rutland

7 hours ago, Rutland said:

Hi all - as the engine in my A6allroad is the same 3 litre V6 used by VW and Porsche, I’m presuming there’s a difference in price for parts.
Does anyone know which parts can only be ORIGINAL AUDI ? For instance is the DPF filter available from say Eurocarparts or some other supplier ? Or EGR valve etc.

Just thinking for the future here hoping I can make some savings somewhere on service items etc. 

Hi all the filters are supplied by Bosch,Mann,Hengst, Blueprint are a good shout I use them on my A6 and never had one go wonky yet, car producers source their O.E. parts from a multitude of suppliers who have to put their products in a badge engineered box at twice the price from the dealer and a lot less in the original makers packaging, so in the final analysis if you want to pay a lot more for a cardboard box that is your prerogative, the only part I would not buy aftermarket from Euros or anywhere else is a DPF that you would get cheaper from TPS.

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip off. I understand if there’s a DPF issue you advise not going EUROPARTS and you mention someone called TPS ? Who are they and are they well regarded ? My mate told me of CATMAN as well. Id appreciate any recommendations or experiences. 

On 4/1/2022 at 8:47 AM, Rutland said:

Thanks for the tip off. I understand if there’s a DPF issue you advise not going EUROPARTS and you mention someone called TPS ? Who are they and are they well regarded ? My mate told me of CATMAN as well. Id appreciate any recommendations or experiences. 

Hi Trade Parts Services as they are known have branches all over the U.K. and only deal in VAG parts, the only thing I know for certain is that 90% of aftermarket DPFs are actually smaller internally  and have Cordierite cores which tend to block quicker than the O.E. DPFs as they are fitted with a Silicon Carbide core which has a higher melting point when blocked, the main cause of DPF failure is a bad EGR valve which will not always throw a code and leaks exhaust gas into the system when not required which poisons the Cat and blocks the DPF, therefore before you hurtle off to buy a new unit replace the EGR and get your original DPF sonically cleaned believe me it works there is a place near me that does it and most cabs on our circuit are obliged to make the pilgrimage and at £150 its cheaper than a new O.E. from the dealer.

Steve.

Thank you - that’s really helpful. 
Two vehicles in the family last week threw up fault codes relating to DPF. One (Jaguar ePace) has been dealt with under warranty but my Audi awaits further investigation into exactly which exhaust sensor it is. 
I’m now just waiting an update on £££ from garage. Needless to say TPS will be called first !!

On 4/2/2022 at 6:41 PM, Rutland said:

Thank you - that’s really helpful. 
Two vehicles in the family last week threw up fault codes relating to DPF. One (Jaguar ePace) has been dealt with under warranty but my Audi awaits further investigation into exactly which exhaust sensor it is. 
I’m now just waiting an update on £££ from garage. Needless to say TPS will be called first !!

Hi give it a large dose of Cataclean for Diesels this stuff works on cats/dpf and at about £15 a bottle is worth a go and a lot cheaper than Audi.

Steve.