Front Offside Parking Sensor

michael9999

It seems someone has brushed up against the area where the parking sensor is and it's been pushed into the bumper cavity.

I can't seem to see anywhere to access this cavity and wondered if any once can advise?

I've asked a garage to look at it and they have suggested the bracket that holds it could be broken and would require a new bumper which I doubt will be cheap for what is essential pushing the sensor back into place.

TIA

I would guess that this is a bumper off job to gain access to it.

A few years ago i took the bumper off on mine, which was time consuming but a DIY job

I followed a tutorial on Youtube (do a google search) but i know you will have to buy some long Torx screwdrivers if you don't have them already.

You may actually be able just to slide it forward enough to gain access and not take it off completely.

Also be careful lining it back up if you do have to remove it. I used lots of masking tape and marked the panel gaps to make sure it aligned correctly.

Hope that gives some assistance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michael9999 said:

It seems someone has brushed up against the area where the parking sensor is and it's been pushed into the bumper cavity.

I can't seem to see anywhere to access this cavity and wondered if any once can advise?

I've asked a garage to look at it and they have suggested the bracket that holds it could be broken and would require a new bumper which I doubt will be cheap for what is essential pushing the sensor back into place.

TIA

Hi I believe you may get access by removing the splash guard on that side the other side is more tricky as the water bottle is housed there, I wouldn't think you need a new bumper as its probably just pushed out of the holder that is moulded on the bumper, even if one side of the holder is broken I have got away with it before by cable tying the unit to the bit thats still on the bumper.

Steve.

• Like 1

Just got back from the garage and they said the whole bumper needs to come off as there's no other access to the sensor.

It's going in for something else to another garage next week so I will ask them for their opinion.