Is there no end to Audi price greed.

Stevey Y

Hi running a 2016 Avant as a taxi its now done 117k but during that time it has shredded a couple of outer C.V. boots and talking to a couple of other cabbies with the same vehicle its a recurring problem due to the constant steering turns we make, I have always bought the boot kits from TPS, not cheap, but now its shredded another O/S outer boot and the other side has excessive end float, oh well I will get two new shafts which are fitted to both FWD manual and auto boxes, as well as being the same size both sides, my bubble was burst today when I enquired about two new O.E. units from Audi, the friendly parts guy said they were £860.00, so I asked if that was both sides to which he replied NO thats each, after I scraped myself off the floor he suggested I try TPS who could give me a trade deal through the garage I use, what a saving, they only wanted £750.00 each so I have bought two shafts from my local spares shop for £400.00 the pair with a two year no quibble guarantee, at least that will give me time to source two second hand units and refurbish them with the rubber boots rather than the over expensive plastic items sold by VAG, this recommendation was given to me by one of the other cabbies who said he had fitted rubber boots and not had any problems for the last two years, moral of the story is swing the wheels out and have a look at the boots, private owner every three months, me now every two weeks, you would think the dealers would want to shift what will become very soon redundant stock at near reasonable prices but no they will take the pixx to the bitter end and end up selling it for cost when no one wants it, what a waste.

Steve.

It's shear madness. I need a new parking sensor for my daily ford Kuga. Ford want over £200 for on! Needless to say I'll be sourcing a second hand one (even if in the wrong colour) for less than £20! 

It's only going to get more and more expensive the more complicated cars get. Mainly where infotainment systems or other electronic items are concerned. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, evopilot said:

thats a shocking price

Hi yes I think my garage thought I was winding them up until they phoned TPS and found another shocking price, the parts guy at the garage laughingly said he thought it was a good price and if I wanted he could order four for me so I had spares, I just find this mentality really sad as they are preying on people who don't know any better.

Steve.