Rutronik Racing Audi Tops Pre Season Test

Steve Q

The official pre-season test of the ADAC GT Masters at Oschersleben saw six track sessions totalling more than eight hours, the drivers covered 3,182 laps and a distance of 11,668 kilometres.

For the first time, the drivers tested the new DHF tyres from series partner Pirelli and teams filled up with the new innovative fuel “Shell Blue Gasoline 98 GT Masters”, which consists of around 50 percent renewable components and was developed by Shell exclusively for the German GT Championship.

While the drivers held back on the wet track on Tuesday, the lap times on the dry track on Wednesday became faster and faster.

A good eight minutes before the end of the last stint, Rutronik Racing took the lead with Dennis Marschall and Kim-Luis Schramm. The #27 Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo II was the fastest to lap the 3.667-kilometre circuit in 1:22.893. 

Dennis Marschall: “We have a new team that has to find and get used to it. That’s why the test days in Oschersleben were very important. In the end, just before the end, it was still enough for first place. That is a good basis, because we want to be among the front runners.”

Just 13 hundredths of a second behind, Christian Engelhart and Ayhancan Güven took second fastest time in the #91 Porsche 911 GT3 R. “It was the first test with the car and the team and I still had to get used to a few things. In Christian I have a very experienced colleague who helps me a lot. We were able to try a lot at Oschersleben and achieved a great result. I’m looking forward to the start of the season,” explained Ayhancan Güven.

Just 0.037 seconds behind, Sven Müller and Joel Sturm from Allied-Racing finished third in the Porsche 911 GT3 R #22.

Sven Müller: “We simulated different racing situations, tried out several setups and ultimately found a very good set-up. We’ve tested before, but it’s more insightful to go out with the competition because then you know where you stand. We are well prepared for the start of the season.”

Christopher Haase (Montaplast by Land-Motorsport, Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo II #28): “The tests at Oschersleben showed how good the overall package of the new Audi is in terms of aerodynamics and engine characteristics. The setup window has gotten much bigger, you don’t have to fine-tune as much, which makes the work easier for drivers and engineers. You sit in the car and feel good. That is an important factor in a series like the ADAC GT Masters, where hundredths of a second count.”

Nicky Catsburg (Schubert Motorsport, BMW M4 GT3 #20): “The test times weren’t particularly long and unfortunately we only had one BMW M4 GT3 available here. But we are confident that the second car for the start of the season will be ready in two weeks. Our team is great and will certainly get everything right up to the start of the season. The new tires felt very good.” 

Daniel Juncadella (Mercedes-AMG Team ZVO, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo #8): “It was very good and important to gain experience with the new team at Oschersleben. My young driver colleague Jan, as a newcomer to GT3 racing, drove a team best time in the last stint. That’s a good sign. The tests went very well, the car is strong: I am sure we have a successful season ahead of us.”

Maximilian Paul (T3 Motorsport, Lamborghini Huracán GT3 Evo #71): “That was in Oschersleben, our first test ever and we learned a lot and drew our conclusions from it. Above all, we got along well with the new tires from Pirelli. The car ran smoothly and I’m looking forward to the season with Marco Mapelli. I think we have a strong package and can play a good role in the ADAC GT Masters.” 

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/04/09/rutronik-racing-audi-tops-pre-season-test.html

2022-ADAC-GT-Masters-Oschersleben-Test.jpg

27-Rutronik-Audi-ADAC-2022-Oschersleben-Test.jpg