Sat Nav

premski6

Hi all new to this forum. I am waiting for the delivery of an Audi TT 1.8 petrol 2016 reg. I understand Mrk 3 TTs already have the sat nav installed and just needs activation. Can anyone advise me what my options are as the dealer quotes are expensive.

On 4/18/2022 at 3:42 PM, Steve Q said:

It has to be done at the dealer I believe for initial activation. 

Thanks Audi Nottingham just quoted £650.00 parts and fitting.

19 minutes ago, premski6 said:

Thanks Audi Nottingham just quoted £650.00 parts and fitting.

Yep that's about right. I believe the car has to be plugged in to a computer that's directly contacted to Audi Germany. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2022 at 11:31 AM, Steve Q said:

Yep that's about right. I believe the car has to be plugged in to a computer that's directly contacted to Audi Germany. 

Ok so my car was booked in yesterday 23rd May. Got a nice welcome and lady said parts arrived and they will call me when its ready. Price has gone from £650 to around £480. But got home and got a call from Audi Nottingham saying parts not been delivered. When I said I was told it was delivered when I came in the lady said its stating its delivered on their system but its not there physically. I asked if she new when it would be delivered and she said its on a back order, then said it could be with us in a day or a week. So picked my car up. Been looking at reviews on Audi dealerships and they are very poor. Feel like cancelling as worried they may damage the car.

8 hours ago, premski6 said:

Ok so my car was booked in yesterday 23rd May. Got a nice welcome and lady said parts arrived and they will call me when its ready. Price has gone from £650 to around £480. But got home and got a call from Audi Nottingham saying parts not been delivered. When I said I was told it was delivered when I came in the lady said its stating its delivered on their system but its not there physically. I asked if she new when it would be delivered and she said its on a back order, then said it could be with us in a day or a week. So picked my car up. Been looking at reviews on Audi dealerships and they are very poor. Feel like cancelling as worried they may damage the car.

Oh dear. Not being funny a part on back order isn't going to turn up over night that's for sure! 

You could have a look at Audi Leicester or derby. But haven't used them personally.