ETron 55 Facelift?

Corms07

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but find it full of great information.I am from Ireland and I am about to order a new Etron 55 next week for July/August time however just doing a search online I see “rumours” of a facelift Etron/Etron SB being released later this year and if this is the case I don’t want to purchase a new Etron just before the facelift version arrives which will also probably have better range. 

I am just wondering does anybody know if this rumour is true or how I would find out and if it is true any idea of release date? I asked the dealership prior to looking online were there any upgrades/facelifts to the Etron planned and they said no but they would say that anyways I suppose.

Apologies if this is a stupid question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cormac 

Hello Cormac.

Thanks for being in touch. I think, suffice to say your concerns are highly likely to be meaningful, judging by the advice given by Steve, and what appears to be splattered about any enquiry you are likely to find on a search. 
If it were me, I would be taking this as read, and making your decision based on this. If it happens to schedule, then you will have made the right decision. If it doesn’t materialise according to any important-to-you timescales, then at least you won’t have made an irrecoverable decision. 

No such thing as a stupid question:- I can recall a quote some decades ago by a then Technical manager at VW - ‘I wish I understood everything I know!’ 
So true - we may often have the right answer, but perhaps seldom the in-depth understanding and logic of the explanation. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 1:13 PM, Corms07 said:

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum but find it full of great information.I am from Ireland and I am about to order a new Etron 55 next week for July/August time however just doing a search online I see “rumours” of a facelift Etron/Etron SB being released later this year and if this is the case I don’t want to purchase a new Etron just before the facelift version arrives which will also probably have better range. 

I am just wondering does anybody know if this rumour is true or how I would find out and if it is true any idea of release date? I asked the dealership prior to looking online were there any upgrades/facelifts to the Etron planned and they said no but they would say that anyways I suppose.

Apologies if this is a stupid question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cormac 

This article has just been published in the last 9 hours: 

https://carbuzz.com/news/audi-reveals-big-changes-to-2023-model-range 

Here's the bit about the e-tron: 

Finally, we'll round off this massive list of changes with a few of Audi's EVs, starting with the e-tron and e-tron Sportback. The optional black headliner from last year is now standard, so no more mismatched headliners and material colors. Audi has also made the 22-inch wheels you see below standard on the Sportback, along with those killer orange calipers. There are some safety enhancements too, with new rear side airbags and illuminated seat belt buckles, including those Matrix headlights. Audi's Black Optic pack has also been rolled in with the Sportback's Prestige trim.

Audi's sportier e-tron S and Sportback S models get a hair lighter with carbon fiber interior inlays, and the LED interior package is now standard for both body styles. The S model changes finish off with now-standard Matrix headlights. 

Last but not certainly not least, Audi has some changes for the Porsche Taycan-based Audi e-tron GT and its small-and-sporty Audi TT. The e-tron GT most notably now has a new body-color grille, along with a second charge port on the passenger side of the car. Happily, locking lug nuts are now standard, with all-season tires. While we're on the subject, the e-tron GT's Performance pack now has summer tires. 21-inch 10-spoke wheels in black now replace the previous year's grey ones, with the RS model adding carbon-ceramic brakes and 21-inch wheels. Also included is a toll module in the rearview mirror. Inside, all e-tron GTs now have Bang & Olufsen's 3D sound system, along with the RS getting new carbon inlays. All models also get new LED interior lighting fixtures and available heated seats via the Executive package.

• Thanks 1