Passenger door will not open from inside or outside.

Mike reid

Hi. I have an audi a3 2.0tdi s line auto. Recently had problems with the door wiring and had to repair the drivers side harness. Got drivers side now locking and unlocking. Problem is passenger side rear and front will not open from in or outside. Assuming the wiring is done that side also. Problem I have is to repair it or even look at it I need to get the door open! I have so far stripped all the plastic housing and door card is 3/4 off but stuck due to speaker. Damage is going to happen I realise this. Can someone tell me how to manually open the front passenger door once the door card is off? I can then look to repair. There seems to be no power on that side, no locking sounds, no elec windows or mirror. Thanks

Edited by Mike reid
Update

Mike.

Before delving any deeper into passenger doors I suggest you re-examine the driver's door wiring because it controls the ability of other doors to unlock. You could think of it as the master switch for the other doors.

If you do have to remove the passenger door cards you should then be able find and pull the link rod that operates the lock.

16 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

I agree with cliff on this the driver's door module controls all the other doors.  

Had another look at the drivers door side, looks like previous owner has snapped the plastic house on the plug making impossible to unplug from the a pillar! Think I need to get a replacement plug! Any ideas how to unplug it from the a pillar when so badly damaged? The main harness it plugs into keeps pushing through the a pillar! Usually I have patients bit this is testing 😀 thanks 

4 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

Mike.

Before delving any deeper into passenger doors I suggest you re-examine the driver's door wiring because it controls the ability of other doors to unlock. You could think of it as the master switch for the other doors.

If you do have to remove the passenger door cards you should then be able find and pull the link rod that operates the lock.

The link rod for the locks, it's not the cable that goes to the door handle is it? Or do I need to pull the cover off the door frame and look in there. Thanks