Your thoughts on events

Steve Q

As our members will know we attend various shows throughout the year. But we are looking to see what other events or functions our members would like us to organise such as breakfast meets, dinners, museum visits, rolling road days, special cafe visits like ace cafe etc? 

What do you think. 

What other things would you like to see with the club to encourage you to participate? 

What other suggestions/ideas do you have to strengthen the club? 

Hi Steve

It would be good to arrange these meets, but I am really disappointed that there is only 3 of us going to the Bromley Show at the moment.

Tony 

17 minutes ago, Anton8 said:

Hi Steve

It would be good to arrange these meets, but I am really disappointed that there is only 3 of us going to the Bromley Show at the moment.

Tony 

Thank you for your reply 🙂 I  feel the same. It frustrates me I go to the trouble to try and arrange events, promote them and try and encourage others to come and then get only a handful of cars. 

Numbers have definitely dwindled as some shows we'd have 10+ cars. Plus it's proving hard to encourage new members to come along. 

Hello Steve,

As a non participating, but non-enthusiastic ‘modern car’ show attendee, unfortunately, all I can do is to sympathise with you in respect of  your sterling efforts vs. number actually turning up from the - ‘I could be interested’ - participants who actually do turn up.

As I see it, it’s not uncommon for enthusiasts to want someone to go engage themselves in considerable effort, so they can join in - if they might want to on the day! ( all in caps). Damned if you don’t organise anything, but not supported if you do. 

I’ve been around classic car shows since I had hair, and it’s surprising how much pre-show enthusiasm there is, which does not translate into cars on the ground on the day. 
We can now blame daft fuel prices, but the truth is that many so-called enthusiasts are simply not so enthusiastic as they could be.

Apologies for rambling on Steve,  but I genuinely sympathise with you for the fact that your efforts appear reap little interest - but certainly not due to any inadequacies of your organising. 

Come on you lot with fancy wheels on your jet black edition, boring grey, SSS Line, lowered,  backside on the ground mapped to atlas levels models - please get out there and support Steve for a change, rather than just filling other forum member’s computer memories with pictures which satisfy the above descriptions. 
Sunday morning rant over! 
Enjoy.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 
Just enthusiastically join in. 

Thanks for your thoughts and support Gareth and I do agree. When you look at AOC UK & club Audi who both get good turn outs for shows I just don't know where we're going wrong. 

Thank you, glad you appreciate my efforts, I do try. 

Hi Steve

Just to re-iterate about the Bromley Show. I have been going for many years and it is much more than just a car show. There is something for all of the family, various activities in the event ring, many stalls selling everything from car parts to funny hats. Also there is a beer bus, hot dogs etc. Plus about 1000 cars on show

Tony

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Anton8 said:

Hi Steve

Just to re-iterate about the Bromley Show. I have been going for many years and it is much more than just a car show. There is something for all of the family, various activities in the event ring, many stalls selling everything from car parts to funny hats. Also there is a beer bus, hot dogs etc. Plus about 1000 cars on show

Tony

Yep I've looked into it, I've got my tickets booked and really looking forward to it. Should be a cracking day out 🙂 

I do love shows that have a variety of things to do. Just like simply Audi that has the cars, museum and manor house to look round. 

• Like 1