2015 Allroad - Part number 8K0 907 063 DD Control Module - Windscreen wiper (amongst other) issues

SBW

Have been having some electrical issues with my 2015 2.0 Allroad. Problems have been intermittent (seems to be related to rain... but not consistent). Error messages have been:

- Vehicle lights: malfunction 

- Automatic headlights / automatic wipers defective

When the errors come up (which is not every time I run the car) essentially the external lights seem to work, but on occasion the windscreen wipers only work once... but then not again. Also the central console sometimes won't come on (no radio / no sat naw / no lights on dash etc. After a few minutes these things will generally 'wake up' - but the windscreen wipes are presenting more of a problem). A local auto electrician has taken a look and thinks it may be due to part 8K0 907 063 DD being faulty (he has pulled it all apart and run the diagnostic he has access to). The intermittent nature of the issue however is making it difficult to diagnose.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if it comes back am I just left with taking it to a main dealer (who I understand take the approach of 'replace parts until we find the one that was causing the issue' (which doesn't strike me as the most economical way of fault fixing).

Any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Are your carpets wet? Could water be getting into the electrics? On older Audi models it used to be common for water to get in, flood the footwell and thus fry the ECU or CCM. 

Thanks for the feedback - but short answer: no - no water build-up in the footwell.

Longer answer: the auto electrician (local independent) that took a look did ask (/ check) that. I have also had a couple of 1kg silica gel bags in the car the past few weeks (in case it was moisture I couldn’t see easily). Hasn’t helped.

On 4/24/2022 at 10:21 PM, Steve Q said:

Worth a consideration. What does the auto electrican think? 

After spending 3 hours or so taking it apart, running diagnostics, putting it back together he came back with: lets see how it goes. 

Other than one fuse that apparently had some slightly loose connections (which he bent back a bit tighter) nothing jumped out at him.

Unfortunately in the few days since I have twice had the lights not turn off {/ turn themselves on (it was daylight after one time when I parked it up. Am guessing that as it got dark the sensor triggered the lights to come on...)} when I parked the car up with 'auto' engaged on the lights. Luckily I got to the car before the battery ran completely flat on both occasions. But I now know not to ever leave the car parked with 'auto lights' engaged.

I think it might be a trip to a main dealership unfortunately...

4 hours ago, SBW said:

After spending 3 hours or so taking it apart, running diagnostics, putting it back together he came back with: lets see how it goes. 

Other than one fuse that apparently had some slightly loose connections (which he bent back a bit tighter) nothing jumped out at him.

Unfortunately in the few days since I have twice had the lights not turn off {/ turn themselves on (it was daylight after one time when I parked it up. Am guessing that as it got dark the sensor triggered the lights to come on...)} when I parked the car up with 'auto' engaged on the lights. Luckily I got to the car before the battery ran completely flat on both occasions. But I now know not to ever leave the car parked with 'auto lights' engaged.

I think it might be a trip to a main dealership unfortunately...

Yep sounds like a main dealer trip. Could it be to do with the light sensor or headlight switch draining the battery I wonder?