Q3 2022 40TFSI | High sounds during phone call

Eran

Hello Audi Community,
I just got my new Q3 40 TFSI model and it's great!!
But I have only one annoying problem with the media system and it goes like this:

When entering the car and connecting my iPhone 12 pro max (my wife has 13 pro) to the apple car play system which works great but when I'm calling someone he says that he hears some high noises like someone drills or something like that from the other side of the line (at my side i dont hear those sounds).
The high noisy sound is not permanently show, i have noticed that it gets more and more when the car is in D drive mode (in Parking there are fewer sounds).

Does anyone know that bug?
Please help!!

Edited by Eran

Can't say I've heard of this before by if it's happening in drive then it's picking up road noise, engine noise etc. My advice would be to get it to a dealer and show them the fault. As it could be a faulty mic for example. 

So i have tested this out in a quiet place without even driving, just shift to D mode and it was started... only the recipient side can hear those noises.. i will go to the dealer! 

16 hours ago, Eran said:

So i have tested this out in a quiet place without even driving, just shift to D mode and it was started... only the recipient side can hear those noises.. i will go to the dealer! 

We're you moving or stationary in D? I ask as it might narrow the noise down from engine noise or road noise coming through. If it's not something else instead. 

• 1 year later...

I have similar issue to this... Q3 1.5 MHEV (48V with BAS), noise is coming only when engine is started, indicator right is on (bzzz......bzzzz.....bzzzz) or during the normal drive, when you release the gas pedal (energy is going to 48V acu) or when break pedal is pushed (also energy is going to 48V acu).

Car was already checked by dealer, SOS module was exchanged (but NO LUCK, nothing changed).

I have second Q3 1.5 at home but with MHEV 12V, and this problem is not appearing. 

Any idea what can be a problem, mayby lack of some filter on 48V instalation, or badly inverter module, BAS???

Please help

• 1 month later...