RPM jumping

Crazycarlo

Hello.

Model is a manual A4 Avant 67 plate 1.4 TFSI 

Car arrived Thursday from an independent dealer, when driving in say 6th gear for a while.. then giving it some ‘moderate’ acceleration.. nothing too aggressive… the RPM limiter will sometimes shoot up for a split second then go back down. It also does it if I suddenly go from a causal speed in 6th to flooring it (this was more just to experiment, not my usual style of driving) any ideas? The clutch was fully replaced in March by the previous owner. Clutch feels lovely to drive, no obvious issues etc. could it be Turbo lag?

Thanks, Carl.  

I should also like to add that it’s not necessarily just 6th gear it does it in.. it can be any gear. I also find the clutch to be very high, therefore the bite is very high. Whether that’s just an A4 thing or not I don’t know… thanks.

On 5/31/2022 at 10:26 AM, Steve Q said:

I'd be getting this back to the dealer asap as you have 30 days where you can return the car for a full refund. 

Hi Steve, 

Took it to an independent garage who confirmed the clutch tension wasn’t right and therefore needed adjusting. They are carrying the work out next week and if a new clutch is required off the back of inspection then so be it - the garage I bought the car from are paying for everything so I’m not too bothered. Yes .. ideally this shouldn’t be happening but we don’t live in an ideal world. We love the car itself, it’s beautiful - inside and out so with this problem fixed it’s happy days 🙂

Carl. 

On 6/1/2022 at 5:31 PM, Crazycarlo said:

Hi Steve, 

Took it to an independent garage who confirmed the clutch tension wasn’t right and therefore needed adjusting. They are carrying the work out next week and if a new clutch is required off the back of inspection then so be it - the garage I bought the car from are paying for everything so I’m not too bothered. Yes .. ideally this shouldn’t be happening but we don’t live in an ideal world. We love the car itself, it’s beautiful - inside and out so with this problem fixed it’s happy days 🙂

Carl. 

That's good then. Hopefully they sort it and you have trouble free motoring 🙂

• Like 1

• 8 months later...