P13D600

Stevey Y

Hi guys got an EML up today so I dodged home and got me code reader which hurled up P13D600 internal pressure sensor cylinder 3 implausible signal, new one on me but it turns out cylinder three glow plug is a bit special as it has a cylinder pressure sensor built in to it, the rest of the plugs are about twelve quid a go but not number three thats so special on its own its between £100-120, only putting this out as an accelerated milage model like mine 122,400 miles these things are beginning to occur.

Steve.

15 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Sorry to hear this Steve. Are you planning on changing all the glow plugs? I wonder why this one's different. 

Hi in the old days you had a pressure sensor as a separate unit on the cylinder head therefore if you cut down on the extra machining and put the thing in one of the glow plugs its yet another manufacturing saving and according to the Gurus is a more efficient until it goes wrong, I have very rarely come across this before but apparently Vauxhall Nissan and a host of others have changed over to the same system, this means you have to buy four ordinary glow plugs to get the other three normal plugs unless you want to buy the whole set which includes the SPECIAL ONE for a shade under four hundred quid.

Steve.

16 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi in the old days you had a pressure sensor as a separate unit on the cylinder head therefore if you cut down on the extra machining and put the thing in one of the glow plugs its yet another manufacturing saving and according to the Gurus is a more efficient until it goes wrong, I have very rarely come across this before but apparently Vauxhall Nissan and a host of others have changed over to the same system, this means you have to buy four ordinary glow plugs to get the other three normal plugs unless you want to buy the whole set which includes the SPECIAL ONE for a shade under four hundred quid.

Steve.

Wowzers. Glad my A6 is on the cheaper system lol. 

• Like 1