20" wheels on a A6 C8 sport

Randip B

I have a A6 C8 sport and the wheels looks a bit too small for my liking, if I was to fit 20" wheels would the car need to be lowered? or would it look ok?

Hello Randip,

Thanks for joining the forum and posting your question.

What size wheels and tyres are on the car now?

If you increase the wheel diameter to 20 inch, then you will, need to decrease the tyre profile so that the current rolling diameter is retained - its not simply a question of ‘looking OK’.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

If you have an sline I'm sure 20" rims will look fine on it, they were an oe option, you will find the tyre size on the sticker on the car. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, K3v said:

If you have an sline I'm sure 20" rims will look fine on it, they were an oe option, you will find the tyre size on the sticker on the car. 

He has the sport, so not the lowered suspension.

I have the black edition with SLine suspension and 20” wheels, and it looks great. The 20” wheels really suit the proportions of the car.

As previously posted, replacing the 18” wheels with 20”you would need to ensure the rolling diameter is maintained   by fitting lower profile tyres. The gap between the arches would remain the same so might look a bit awkward without lowering. Still probably an improvement.

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Randip,

Incase it matters, lower profile tyres will result in a harsher ride.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

They always will, but I have the 20” with 40 profile tyres with SLine suspension and the ride is more compliant than the previous cars I’ve owned. 

Virtually everone who is a passenger comments how smooth the ride is.