RESOLVED - Identifying the right door card clips, 2006 A4 Convertible

gsmdo

Hi there,

I have just fitted a remote roof module in my 2006 A4 Convertible (actually it was to replace one that had partially stopped working after six years).

The job requires the driver's side door card to be removed, so, forearmed by watching a YouTube video, I took their advice and bought a bag of 20 after-market door trim clips, as they are very likely to break during the removal. I bought these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08V88CZNS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=161naRWPCARS._AC_SL1024_.jpg

So, the job went well. I removed the door card (I hadn't done this before, as I wasn't the one who fitted the original module), removed the old clips (about half of which were broken) and then fitted and tested the module - all good.

When it came to replacing the card, it unfortunately became clear that these are the wrong clips - the expanding end that fits into the metal of the door was a good couple of mm too small. I rechecked the listing and confirmed they were for an A4 (amongst a slew of other VAG types), so I'll be returning them. Unfortunately the listing gave a couple of measurements, but not the critical one.

I've just ordered these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C2TJKP3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61ZWL3qYwHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

...which look like they'll fit.

If they don't, other than going direct to Audi, does anyone have a link to a part that will fit, or a part number please?

If they do fit, I will update this thread to confirm this.

Thanks,

Mike😎

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

This should be the Interior Door Card & Trim Panel Clips- Audi 8E0867276

here's a link: 

https://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/interior-door-card-trim-panel-clips-audi-8e0867276/

FCP-0439.jpeg

FCP-0439-D.jpeg

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the link - great value!

I've just got off the phone to my friendly parts chap - the part number is listed as 8Z0868243, which, when put into the Vehicle Clips search, comes up with these:

https://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/interior-door-card-panel-clips-for-seat-8e0868243/

Interior Door Card Panel Clips for Seat- 8E0868243

...which look like the ones that are on the card at the moment. These were £3.80 for 10 with free postage! I've ordered 10 anyway - handy to have on the shelf.

I can get the real thing from Audi for 98p each, which still isn't excessive, although I'm going to call that Plan C... 😆

Thanks very much for the input Steve - Vehicle Clips' site is now bookmarked... 👍

I'll  post results of this up when I get a solution...

Mike😎

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gsmdo said:

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the link - great value!

I've just got off the phone to my friendly parts chap - the part number is listed as 8Z0868243, which, when put into the Vehicle Clips search, comes up with these:

https://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/interior-door-card-panel-clips-for-seat-8e0868243/

Interior Door Card Panel Clips for Seat- 8E0868243

...which look like the ones that are on the card at the moment. These were £3.80 for 10 with free postage! I've ordered 10 anyway - handy to have on the shelf.

I can get the real thing from Audi for 98p each, which still isn't excessive, although I'm going to call that Plan C... 😆

Thanks very much for the input Steve - Vehicle Clips' site is now bookmarked... 👍

I'll  post results of this up when I get a solution...

Mike😎

Glad I could help and glad you got sorted 🙂

• Thanks 1

OK, I did a further search for the correct part number on Amazon and found these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08S1WWZW8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71YxxTNhGGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71WMYbEDBQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I bought a pack of 20, as they would be delivered the following day - and the sun's out, so I wanted to use the car... 😎

They arrived this morning, fitted perfectly, and I've just refitted the door card.

So, for anyone looking for the correct clips for a facelift 2006 A4 B6/B7 Convertible door card, you need Audi Part Number 8Z0868243,  or the link above (which you can find by doing a search for the part number on Amazon).

Cheers,

Mike 😃

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gsmdo said:

OK, I did a further search for the correct part number on Amazon and found these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08S1WWZW8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71YxxTNhGGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71WMYbEDBQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I bought a pack of 20, as they would be delivered the following day - and the sun's out, so I wanted to use the car... 😎

They arrived this morning, fitted perfectly, and I've just refitted the door card.

So, for anyone looking for the correct clips for a facelift 2006 A4 B6/B7 Convertible door card, you need Audi Part Number 8Z0868243,  or the link above (which you can find by doing a search for the part number on Amazon).

Cheers,

Mike 😃

Glad you got sorted Mike 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

So, I took the door card off again today, and all but one of these clips...

2085164027_Weakclips.thumb.jpg.1bacfa4bd7a72d24fbb9da2bb3fa9cbd.jpg

...broke.

Thankfully I over-ordered when doing the job last time and these clips...

255395256_Newclips.thumb.jpg.ba39233846386b736c1bf883276eba4e.jpg

...have been fitted in their place. I don't know whether they will prove to be stronger than the others, but they did sort of 'click' into place in the holders, where the earlier ones were pretty loose.These are thee ones from the Amazon link above.

My situation (having to remove the same door card twice in fairly quick succession) was a little unusual, but I think I'm just going to treat these as disposable service items. I'll buy more every time I find the need to take a door card off... 

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2022 at 1:39 PM, gsmdo said:

I had to remove the door card today and - although the one surviving clip of the earlier type broke - ALL the ones I sourced at Amazon survived.

255395256_Newclips.thumb.jpg.ba39233846386b736c1bf883276eba4e.jpg

That's good to hear 🙂 I guess they're younger parts though. 

21 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

That's good to hear 🙂 I guess they're younger parts though. 

No Steve, both types were new parts. It seems that one is better quality than the other…

Mike 😎