S3 Quattro

Chrisquig

Hello Chris, 

Before getting into general details about the model, can we confirm that you have already carried out all the on- line and service history checks about the particular car? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Checked- import, written off, stolen, finance, previous MOT. I’d expect motorpoint to charge an admin fee. Don’t most businesses now. Licence to print money for probably a five minute job. 
I’ve had an A3 sportback SE before and an A5 black addition. Love the Audis. Any downsides for this Quattro? Your always wary when investing a lot of money in a car. Investment probably not the right term. In these times of fuel prices May this be the wrong time to be purchasing this. I did enquire about a hybrid but there is a 12-15 month lead time on new ones. 

Hello Chris,

Guess you’ve personally checked the on-line VOSA MOT history to confirm mileage and records of passes and failures - often a good guide to how the car has been looked after -e.g tyres near limit etc is generally bad news in terms of interest in the vehicle.  Checked DVLA Vehicle Check which will tell you when the last V5 was issued - short ownership can indicate dissatisfaction with the car. Again, guess you’ve checked the service history with Audi via. the registration number or VIN. 
Motorpoint - ‘don’t most business (charge an Admin fee) now’. Car Shop ( part of the Synter Group) don’t - for one. 
‘investing a lot of money in the car’. Always worth investing in a professional independent inspection before committing to buy.
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Make sure the quattro system has been serviced if due. Also check tyres are the same on each axle and tread is the same level. As miss matched tyres or uneven tread wear can damage the quattro system. 

I'm assuming its auto as such check to see if it's had a service. As the s tronic/dsg gearboxes can fail to change gears if oil is degraded. 

• Like 1