P2002 fault after Adblue delete

Lexi

Guys please help! Have an Audi A5 2015  Done 70000 miles. Few month ago engine light came on went to garage. Connected to computer guy wanted to do self regeneration but there was no reading from EGR he said previous owner could have turned it off or done delete. Not long after another fault came on with ad blue System fault . we decided to delete ad blue and remap the car. Day after the particulate filter fault came I was told to drive in high speed to help clear it out which didn’t work, after we had someone who cleaned DPF as filter was quite blocked. But he couldn’t clear the engine fault. Went back to remap people he has put in system that dpf filter was brand new even tho it wasn’t and cleared check engine light. After 2 days check engine light came back on , I went to another garage we fought problem was in software they have put causing the p2002 fault in dpf filter as it wasn’t new but cleaned . So the guy redone everything car regenerated itself and got correct numbers for dpf reading after regeneration, cleared check light. But same thing happened again 2 days after. The p2002 code still there but no reading from egr , he thinks its the egr cooler causing problem but also confused as it doesn’t read any pressure from it . So he suggested first to put back basic audi software on the car with ad blue problem and see if the p2002 comes back . When he tried basic audi sowtwwre it said Ad blue 0milage and car was not starting. So then he done remap - put their own software with ad blue delete and turned off egr valve to see again if P2002 comes back. Day later it came back again. Our engine gets also hot quite quick. Within 2-3 minutes it’s already showing 90 degrees
And Now we have two options open up car and see if EGR cooler is blocked or delete EGR ad blue and gutt of and delete DPF as we have been told by few mechanics if you delete one thing it’s best to delete all things together otherwise that can cause more problems. Please help with suggestions and solution!!!!

Egr cooler could be a problem. Has it been blanked off. Also you might need to replace the dpf. Dont buy a cheap one though as they dont last. 

Also bare in mind the mods you're doing could affect the mot. 

9 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Egr cooler could be a problem. Has it been blanked off. Also you might need to replace the dpf. Dont buy a cheap one though as they dont last. 

Also bare in mind the mods you're doing could affect the mot. 

Thanks for your reply Steve. We have no clue what’s going on with EGR cooler as there was no reading from it before  we had done remap. I think previous owner could have done something with it but we bought car from dealer .
 We were told no need to replace DPF As it was  cleaned  and it showed after flushing it  that’s it’s clogged only about 8-10% and works fine. 

regards mot i know this is why I’m  lost completely now 

5 hours ago, Lexi said:

Thanks for your reply Steve. We have no clue what’s going on with EGR cooler as there was no reading from it before  we had done remap. I think previous owner could have done something with it but we bought car from dealer .
 We were told no need to replace DPF As it was  cleaned  and it showed after flushing it  that’s it’s clogged only about 8-10% and works fine. 

regards mot i know this is why I’m  lost completely now 

Hi the DPF is Finland your problem is nothing to do with the Adblue delete, garage diagnostic systems are Generic and won't show the reason for the code P2002 which is the EGR low pressure cooler, no one can do anything to tamper with these, the EGR they turned off was on the high pressure side on the inlet manifold you actually have two EGRs one high pressure one low pressure its that which is causing the problem, as far as I am aware no one has written a software to disable this as without it you would definitely fail an MOT on the emissions as the low pressure side is part of the Ultra technology and thus the emission maximum is 0.05 maximum, mine went and please see pictures of what it looks like and why they fail.

Steve.

IMG_20220629_162712_resized_20220630_064957502.jpg

IMG_20220629_164416_resized_20220630_065128732.jpg

As Steve and Stevey have already mentioned, P2002 is caused by a blocked EGR cooler, though it's worth doing a voltage check on the G450 sensors too because that's the pressure feedback.

I was strongly advised to not delete the EGR cooler, so to avoid failure of components/engine from overheating 12-18 months later.

You could be lucky and get away with replacing an £80 sensor vs. £1k for an EGR valve and cooler replacement, but you're already experiencing it getting hot quickly, so chances are it's blocked.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a engine light after having the ad blue map on my Audi a5 , had my DPF cleaned but that hasn’t seemed to remove the engine light , the light can appear then disappear without me even doing anything then sometimes it comes on and stays , Does anyone have an idea how to remove engine light , the car does not loose any power when light comes on it’s just the light .

1 hour ago, Ellz said:

I have a engine light after having the ad blue map on my Audi a5 , had my DPF cleaned but that hasn’t seemed to remove the engine light , the light can appear then disappear without me even doing anything then sometimes it comes on and stays , Does anyone have an idea how to remove engine light , the car does not loose any power when light comes on it’s just the light .

You need to be speaking to the person who did the remap has first port of call. Then get a diagnostic check to see what fault codes flag up 

• Like 1

I bought the car like it sorry , I should off been more detailed , the person I bought the car off got it from a dealership who had the ad blue removed , the code that comes up is p200200 but when I got the DPF cleaned we also changed the DPF sensor .