Emissions recall 23Z2

Cantata

I have a 2012 A6 Avant SE 3.0Tdi. Lovely car, only 75K miles. Mid-40's mpg on average and 50+ on a long trip.

I visited my Audi dealership recently (first time in years) with a query about Bluetooth. They told me there's a recall on this car, '23Z2', re emissions, presumably to do with the VW emissions scam.

I've looked in the 'recalls' section on this website but there's no mention of A6's or this '23Z2' recall.

Anyone had it done? I'm very wary of having it done in case it screws up what is a very nice car indeed.

I worked at Volkswagen I would strongly advise you not to have the recall done. As it can cause other problems later down the line. Have a look at the similar ea189 recall issues to see what I mean. 

• Like 2

Exactly as Steve says - but in capitals! Don’t go nearer it, and beware of anytime your car goes into a main dealer they may well do it even if you have instructed them not to! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Why has your name been !Removed!? Have you perhaps entered something objectionable instead of your real name? 

• Like 1

No idea why first name. Except it's actually Richard and I probably put in its common abbreviation!

Point about main dealers most definitely taken. Normally never go near the place.