2016 rear brake pads changeout to do

Pappa583
聽Share

Wondering if anyone has changed their rear pads? Any tips and how do you overcome the electronic handbrake. Once off is it just a case of normal winding the piston back in?

Just changed front discs and pads last month and thought I had an issue with the wear sensor on the front after id just changed them.... But on checking the rear pads today when ive washed and cleaned it they do look more worn the聽 I'd realised and must be that's what's bringing the warning on dash, although it comes on, stays on then next time is started it it wasn't there.... even so that's the next job..... 馃槵

Hey man,

Same process as changing the front until you get to the pistons,聽

unless you got one of the fancy diagnostic tools to revert the pistons I鈥檇 recommend using a 12v battery with a ground to push the pistons back.

here is a pretty good link for changing the pads (rear).

https://mechanicbase.com/brakes/change-brake-pads-electric-parking-brake/

Edited by RyanRiordz
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a little hand held obd reader and worked as described. 拢40 on eBay, plugged it in rewound the ehb motor, pushed back the piston and changed the pads no problem. Easier than I thought...

10 hours ago, Pappa583 said:

Bought a little hand held obd reader and worked as described. 拢40 on ebay, plugged it in rewound the ehb motor, pushed back the piston and changed the pads no problem. Easier than I thought...

Glad it was straightforward 馃檪

• Like 1