Brakes squeaking, never worked on a car would love some help/feedback

Maelo

Hello everyone, i am new to working on cars and stuff and i have a question about my brakes. To whomever sees this, i drive a 3.0 A4 Avant Quattro.

My brakes squeak whenever i am slowing down to come to a stop. I have tried using mechanics and they said they didnt see a problem and my brakes are still squeaking. i even used anti squeak on my brakes and that still didnt really change anything. Its my front brakes that are squeaking but im looking to just do a full redo on all 4 brakes. Also, is there a way to get rid of brake dust as well? I never really seen brake dust so im not sure if that is an easy fix or not. Thank you for reading if you did and i will appreciate all the critism and tips in the future. Be safe everyone. 

40 minutes ago, Maelo said:

Hello everyone, i am new to working on cars and stuff and i have a question about my brakes. To whomever sees this, i drive a 3.0 A4 Avant Quattro.

My brakes squeak whenever i am slowing down to come to a stop. I have tried using mechanics and they said they didnt see a problem and my brakes are still squeaking. i even used anti squeak on my brakes and that still didnt really change anything. Its my front brakes that are squeaking but im looking to just do a full redo on all 4 brakes. Also, is there a way to get rid of brake dust as well? I never really seen brake dust so im not sure if that is an easy fix or not. Thank you for reading if you did and i will appreciate all the critism and tips in the future. Be safe everyone. 

Hi what is anti squeak, unless its Ceratec or copper grease you have lost me, brake cleaner gets rid of the dust.

Steve.

I’ve had these on my car, they squeak when warm not cold, 

Took it to two garages who say they are fine, it’s just something that happens on some cars apparently 

Hello Maelo, 

You don’t give us much information to go with.

Have you or anyone else recently renewed the pads and/or discs? 
Or has this issue recently occurred with the car, although no brake work has been carried out? 
Has the car been sitting around unused for some time? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.