Audi A5 TFSI 252 PS quattro - asking for opinions

marci7

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this is my first post. Hope my English is ok and you will understand what I mean image.gif.708c8b40a8e5e9886784e6426a12270d.gif

I'm about to buy an Audi A5 2.0 TFSI 252 PS Quattro 2DR S Tronic 2017 or 2018. Mileage 20-50k

My question to the owners of these cars is how reliable that car is, I mean any big and costly repairs, continuous breakdowns, factory defects? I've been saving for a long time to buy this car and don't want to buy a car with defective engine etc.
I wanna add that I look after my car well and the car will be serviced by my friend mechanic. I buy it in the UK if its matters.

Thank you in advance for the answers.
Take care

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

Service history is key. Check to see if the Cambelt and water pump has been changed when it should otherwise that'll be a costly bill. Also make sure the auto gearbox has been changed on time too. As degraded oil can affect the gearbox from.sekevting gears. 

If quattro check the tyres have even tread on each axle as uneven tyre wear can damage the quattro system. 

Also check the AC works as replacing compressors can be expensive.