A6 c6 2.7tdi quattro engine needs replaced.

Chris Lundie
聽Share

Hi folks,聽

I am new to this forum, I have recently had a catastrophic engine failure on my 2010 audi a6 2.7tdi quattro. I suspect the chain guides have given up as I have loads of plastic in my sump and the engine has no oil pressure now.

My question is, I have a engine code CANC but can I swap the bare block out with a CAMA? I would obviously use all the sensors and almost everything externally off my existing lump. Is this doable or do I need to get the same engine coded bare block??

Any advise would be very much appreciated as I really like the car and would like to get it back on the road 馃憤

Kindest regards聽

Chris

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 馃檪 sorry to hear of your situation.聽

Not sure on the c6 but I know on my c5 the 2.5tdi differences relate to the head, valves, camshafts etc and the block is the same.聽

Has the engine been disassembled to diagnose it fully?聽

Hi Steve thanks for your reply 馃憤

I haven't taken the engine out yet, it still runs but there is zero oil getting pumped around the engine now and it sounds so bad馃槩 I have replaced the oil pump and when I pop the sump off there was a lot plastic from the chain guides. I thought I might just be easier to get another 2.7tdi of around the same year and change the bare block and use all my ancillaries.聽

After looking around for a new donar engine there are a few different engine codes to chose from. Physically the engines look the same with the same HP ratings but I'm not sure if I can buy 1 and swap my external engine parts over to it and install it into my car? My engine code is CANC and it appears they are quote rare and very expensive. I will keep looking for a like for like replacement but if I can get confirmation another 2.7tdi like a engine code CAMA would work I would just buy a block and install it.聽

If I get confirmation that only a engine code CANC will work in my car and nothing else then I will get the lump out the car and open it up to see where it has failed. With the amount of broken chain guides and swarf in the sump I would think this lump is finished.聽

Chris

20220916_174239.jpg

• Sad 1